New B3300SU - mid mount mower?

CCTiger

Equipment
B3300SU
May 8, 2010
Memphis, TN
I just got a Kubota, really excited - my first one. I hope this is the right place to ask a question about adding an implement.

I did not get a mower, in looking under the tractor it doesn't appear to have a mid-pto installed.

Does someone make a mid-mount mower, other than Kubota like Woods, or is it generally thought to just stay with Kubota, if I decide to mow with this tractor?

Thanks, glad to have found the forum.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah Woods makes a mid mount mower to fit on Kubota's and other brands. If you dont have a mid PTO then you might want to look at a 3 point hitch finishing mower. Does the same thing but better I think be cause you can get rear discharge.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I just looked up the B3300 and its a brand new 2010 model so it should have a mid pto on it.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
You might want to look at a 3 point hitch finishing mower. Does the same thing but better I think be cause you can get rear discharge.
I agree with Eric. The rear mount finish mower cuts just as good as a belly mower as long as it's a good one (check blade tip speed) plus you can change it out so much quicker to another implement. Normally a finishing mower is cheaper than a belly mower is anyway.

I have had several different brands of mowers and it has a huge affect on the quality of the cut you will recieve. The cheaper mowers are going to cut like a cheap mower and a higher priced mowers will usually will not only cut better but last longer to. You get what you pay for.

I cut 14 acres of grass with my Bush hog brand mower and have done it for 10 yrs. The only thing I have done to it besides normal PM is replaced the bushings in the wheels with bearings and I'm rotating between my 2nd and 3rd set of blades. I try to keep one set sharp all the time and ready to install.

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
The B series tractors come with a mid mount PTO. The spline should be under the operators platform, pointing forward. Sometimes they bolt a cover on it if there is not going to be an implement hooked up at delivery. The kubota midmount mowers do a good job, and are easier to use than a rear mount mower as far as maneuverability. Some models are very easy to install, but some of the larger mm decks are a little complicated to adjust the height, not near as easy as changing the 3 point lever for a rear mount. You have to check it out and see which would suit your needs better. On the kubota website they list a grass catcher as an available accessory, but make no mention of the mower itself. I would assume it is available and is probably a 72 inch deck.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
One good thing about the 3pt mower is you can back it under low hanging trees and works good when you need to back it over a pond bank

Last edited:

slc10844

Equipment
zd326
Mar 28, 2010
cockeysville
I like to keep my equipment out of the weather, either in the garage or in the shed. If storage is a consideration the mmm has a smaller footprint and can be left on when operating other attachments.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I haven't seen the new B Special Utility tractors yet but I wouldn't be surprised if they lacked a mid-pto. The new L3700SU hasn't any drawbar! The SU (special utility) tractors are being built to price compete with other competition and as such are, well, Cheaper:eek:!
Ed

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Im with Bulldog on this one. The 3pt mower you can back under alot of low hanging objects and within a matter of 3 pins and the pto shaft have it off and on the ground. I only wish my finishing mower was a rear discharge and not side. My mower came with the tractor when I bought it so I cant complain.

I also love the fact that with a finishing mower you can get ones with penumatic caster wheels which one tear up the turf.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I haven't seen the new B Special Utility tractors yet but I wouldn't be surprised if they lacked a mid-pto. The new L3700SU hasn't any drawbar! The SU (special utility) tractors are being built to price compete with other competition and as such are, well, Cheaper:eek:!
Ed
Damn, no drawbar? That sounds pretty damn stupid.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Alot of early tractors it was an option to buy a draw bar on. Mine has a piss poor excuse of a draw bar.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Alot of early tractors it was an option to buy a draw bar on. Mine has a piss poor excuse of a draw bar.
I had to build a draw bar for my B 7100. It didn't come with one.
If you think that's bad, my B didn't even come with 3pt lift arms or even a place to hook them except for the top lift arms. I had to scrounge around and find all the arms and come up with my own way to hook them up. One thing about it though, I didn't have to worry about turn buckles. I built a set of stabilizer bars to go on mine.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I had to build a draw bar for my B 7100. It didn't come with one.
If you think that's bad, my B didn't even come with 3pt lift arms or even a place to hook them except for the top lift arms. I had to scrounge around and find all the arms and come up with my own way to hook them up. One thing about it though, I didn't have to worry about turn buckles. I built a set of stabilizer bars to go on mine.

Sounds like who ever got that tractor after you was a very lucky man.

I personally think that a tractor should have basic things like a damn draw bar. OK, I can understand earlier versions not having some things as they were on some what of a learing curve with what people want and need. A tractor is for pulling and pushing stuff and lifting is great too. To buy a tractor now that doesn't have a drawbar or 3ph just does not make any sense to me. They are what a tractor is all about.

Might as well by a 12 pack of beer that is just an empty box :rolleyes:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It's bad when a cup holder is a standard feature but a draw bar is a option. That's kind of like selling a man a steer to breed his cows with. Poor thing just don't have all the equipment needed to work with.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
The only thing I use my sorry excuse for a draw bar is chain the tractor down on the trailer. I run a shackle threw there and it gives me a place to put a chain. Other then that I used the draw bar and the 3pth hitch,

rookiejeff

Equipment
Kubota B3300SU, snowblower, FEL
Sep 10, 2010
marquette,mi,usa
I'm no tractor expert but I do know that the B3300SU does NOT feature a mid-PTO, therefore I don't think a mid-mount mower is an option for you........

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada EH!
The B3300 was a model they built to compete with the other guys and is not equipped with the mid PTO.
I am in the process of getting the B3200 (I hope to have it by this weekend) and that was one of the things the sales dude mentioned to me about the B3300.
Hope that helps answer the original question.