Wood chipper

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST 4WD, 72" finish mower, 72" rake, 5' Bush hog, 5' box blade, hay spear
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
Well I have been busy trimming up all the trees on the farm. Still have a lot to do. Well after about 6 trips per weekend with the truck to get rid of the branches, I finally convinced the wife we need a wood chipper. Man they sure are pricey. Anyways since all my other attachments are Land Pride, and I already have the quick hitch, I am looking at the WC1504. Any opinions or advice. If not Land Pride which other would you recommend?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Well I have been busy trimming up all the trees on the farm. Still have a lot to do. Well after about 6 trips per weekend with the truck to get rid of the branches, I finally convinced the wife we need a wood chipper. Man they sure are pricey. Anyways since all my other attachments are Land Pride, and I already have the quick hitch, I am looking at the WC1504. Any opinions or advice. If not Land Pride which other would you recommend?
I am really thinking about this one this spring.........
http://www.woodmaxx.com/product_p/tm-86h.htm

like the hydraulic feed !:D

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
I started out thinking that direction, realizing that I had a lot of bulk to get rid of. One day I had a row of stuff stacked up and decided to try the rotary cutter on it and it did a good enough job for me. Now anything under 2" diameter goes in a pile on my "killing field" that gets rotary cut, bigger stuff goes in a dump pile and sits until I have enough to fill a 30 cubic yd roll-off, which just takes a couple hours of grapple work. Your place won't be as neat and squared away as using a chipper/shredder but you'll have money towards a grapple and remotes, which come in handy for other things.

-- Carl

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
The grapple would be nice to have also. It would come in handy down by my lake front that I let overgrow on purpose. I clean it out about every other year. As far as using the rotary cutter it probably would not work for my place, I have to rotate my horses from the front and back paddocks to keep the grass from getting over grazed. Good idea though. I am lifting all my tree canopy's to keep from hitting my ROPS and sun canopy on the tractor. ( and to avoid the same thing that Skeets did. Ask him, Lol). Thanks for the advice.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hummmm sometimes you should never say anything about dumb things you do,,,LOL,,
Something you might think about as far as the stumps go, a bud had a clear cut done and there were stumps everywhere I didn't know there were that many trees in that field,, Anyway he found a stump grinder to rent and we ground stumps for several days, not all the way out but to ground level so he could mow hay with out getting hung on anything. I don't know what it cost, but there's a thought cause I know how stupid horses can be some times. Well at least the Arabs, and quarters, and a really dumb Tennessee Walker that graced my fields before it all became the Ex's fields

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
Your kindly welcome. Any questions feel free to PM me. Any flooding down your way?
No flooding here. I am outside of Ocala, About 7-8 hours SE of the flooding. We did get some needed rain, but not anything like our friends in the panhandle. May the Lord look over them during these tough times.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
No flooding here. I am outside of Ocala, About 7-8 hours SE of the flooding. We did get some needed rain, but not anything like our friends in the panhandle. May the Lord look over them during these tough times.
Glad to hear your ok but still sad to see all the hurt that's going on down there. They'll all be on our prayers. Stay safe.

ibunker

Equipment
B3300SU w/BK76, Box blade, DR wood chipper
Dec 5, 2010
Port Orchard, WA