What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
The weekend started off well on Saturday evening. Cleared some atv "trails" thru the no-mans land swamp area of my property for my wife's "Lil Sister" to ride around on.

View attachment 138293

Sunday, whacked 3 more dead trees. Here's a dead/dying pin oak. I now have quite a bit of free firewood stacked up by the road to give away. I'm guessing the pile of logs is in the neighborhood of 4-5 cords.

View attachment 138294

Then, while parking the tractor for some lunch...I came in a bit too hot!

The tractor bucket opened my garage like a can opener. GRRRR :mad:

View attachment 138295
I've got a gutter downspout that matches that-same scenario.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Finally after two weekends of rain was able to mow and get the burning done.
Burntree.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Firstgear

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560LE, Grapple, bucket, snow plow, forks, stump bucket
May 16, 2023
Kennebunkport, Maine
I have been using my forks and grapple a bunch. The grapple for pulling trees out of my pile for cutting and splitting. The forks for lifting and moving my wire baskets full of wood!
IMG_9583.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Good day.

The gardens looks good 👍

The garden box’s on the right in the pic (black plastic boxes with lid raised)…are those homemade or purchased? (If purchased what / where from?).

Thanks in advance.
Purchased. Vegepod. Australlian made. The missus picked up 3 doubles and a single for the price of the single. They’re expensive but weren’t moving, so the local hardware store let her have them cheap. He threw in clear vinyl covers that fit over the bug screens for freezing nights. They’re pretty good for small veggies, but forget about anything that gets taller than about 24 inches in the center and about 8 inches near the edges. Irrigation tubes also included, but it’s easier to use the hose. I’m going to do a little leveling tomorrow. The long ones have sagged a bit and settled since installation.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
The weekend started off well on Saturday evening. Cleared some atv "trails" thru the no-mans land swamp area of my property for my wife's "Lil Sister" to ride around on.

View attachment 138293

Sunday, whacked 3 more dead trees. Here's a dead/dying pin oak. I now have quite a bit of free firewood stacked up by the road to give away. I'm guessing the pile of logs is in the neighborhood of 4-5 cords.

View attachment 138294

Then, while parking the tractor for some lunch...I came in a bit too hot!

The tractor bucket opened my garage like a can opener. GRRRR :mad:

View attachment 138295
Oops. I feel your pain. I bumped my small tool shed with mine right after I put the toothbar on the bucket. It was not kind to the aluminum siding.

• Haha
  • Sad

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Oops. I feel your pain. I bumped my small tool shed with mine right after I put the toothbar on the bucket. It was not kind to the aluminum siding.
Did the same thing, but on the vinyl garage siding. OOOPS!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Did the same thing, but on the vinyl garage siding. OOOPS!
Isn’t there some tractor ownership bylaw that says you MUST hit at least one thing you didn’t intend to?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Finally got around to burying the parking area drain (after the tree service destroyed the original pipe). New pipe and mostly dug trench.

IMG_3802.jpeg

Roots that neither the trees nor I need anymore.

IMG_3803.jpeg

Didn’t get a photo of the bucketful of rocks and chunks of stump that I picked up by hand, nor the finished product. Got dark on me.

I’m usually standing under the blue umbrella thingy when I take photos. Different perspective of my yard.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Purchased. Vegepod. Australlian made. The missus picked up 3 doubles and a single for the price of the single. They’re expensive but weren’t moving, so the local hardware store let her have them cheap. He threw in clear vinyl covers that fit over the bug screens for freezing nights. They’re pretty good for small veggies, but forget about anything that gets taller than about 24 inches in the center and about 8 inches near the edges. Irrigation tubes also included, but it’s easier to use the hose. I’m going to do a little leveling tomorrow. The long ones have sagged a bit and settled since installation.
Thank you.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Shredded a couple acres at a high height(tons of sandburrs) with MX, picked up old concrete chunks and pieces of slabs with SVL, placed them in the cenote driveway that previous neglected. I have 4 trucks of road base coming Friday to fix the road to the house we bought over the summer.

20240924_141053.jpg

20240924_153728.jpg

20240924_153743.jpg

20240924_154353.jpg

20240924_193028.jpg

20240924_194023.jpg

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Thank you.
Te nada amigo.

The beds didn’t get leveled today. The drainage pipe and releveling the yard took precedence because of some chick named Helene which is apparently gonna spend some time out in the Gulf and turn into a real bitch of a storm. Or so the habitually lying meteorologists are saying. We’re supposed to get some pretty significant rain from this one. At least we’re not on the dirty side (according to the spaghetti model.

Left most of the stump mulch laying to hopefully minimize erosion. I’m getting about 30 yards of screened topsoil to raise the level some and divert some of the water from running across my neighbors yard and give grass something to grow on. I dug through the ‘topsoil’ that’s left after 50 years of erosion and water oaks sucking the life out of it and hit bedrock at about 3 inches deep. That explains the root girdling and poor tree health. EVERY stinkin’ one of them was rotten in the stumps.

I was worried that I would find my water line the hard way, but I’m reasonably sure the lazy contractor who built this place would not have been bothered to trench the rock and just ran it up the side of the driveway. The subsoiler worked beautifully for ripping through the rock and pulling out most of the leftover roots from the trees I had removed. Had a couple that were pretty deep and pretty large, so just left them for Mother Nature to handle. Some surface roots were ground by the tree service, but one of the reasons I don’t like grinding stumps is that the debris from grinding hides more than what gets ground. I’d much rather dig ‘em up. A hole is a lot easier to fix than cleaning up the mess a stump grinder leaves. All ya need is dirt and a digger. I’m unfortunately lacking the latter in sufficient capacity to remove a 30 inch water oak stump until it has decayed a bit. The stump bucket works well on smaller stuff, and my upside down T ouller expands that capacity somewhat, but I’ll have to rent a mini-ex for more intensive digging.

If I don’t get rained out tomorrow I’ll level the raised beds.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Well, it was already raining when I got up, so I guess the garden boxes will get leveled when they get leveled. Not gonna take much. Just a jack and some shims under the supports. Not something I relish doing in the rain, though. I should have used 2x6's for the frame I built for it, but really didn't consider how heavy a cubic meter of dirt is, especially WET dirt. I saw them sag with the first bucketload, so I put some little quick fix stubby posts between the brick pillars. They've sunk into the soil a bit, so time to shim them up. The boxes hold about 3 inches of water under a riser in the bottom, and have weep holes just above that so that the dirt is always touching water (assuming it has rained in the past 2 months), but excess water is drained off so that the plants don't drown. Pretty nifty design, but I've never seen anything animal or vegetable that survives being in a plastic container in Alabama heat. We're still hitting the 90's with 50%+ humidity. They're great in the winter, though. I'm hoping all our broccoli and sprouts are done before we get a really hard freeze. That doesn't normally happen until January.

So, I went out to the chicken pen and moved the feed and water inside the coop so the girls wouldn't have to go outside in the rain to eat (and the feed wouldn't get soggy), and relegated myself to a day inside as well. I don't like putting the feeder and waterer inside because the chooks like to get on top of them and poop all over them. Silly birds. I think I'll go check my newly buried drain from the parking spots and see if the popup is working properly. I've never melted in the rain, but much like a cat, I'm not fond of getting wet unless it's my choice to get wet.

No tractoring today. I was going to grease the FEL because I've hammered it pretty hard the past two weeks helping my neighbor and doing my own work. Need to bring in the grapple and grease it too. First order of business when this rain is outta here.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68,Flail Mower,Grapple, Z421
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
While my dealer has the lx to add a 3rd function kit I added a vise to my carryall to help with chain sharpening or anything else when I'm out and about.

Attachments

Reactions: 8 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
While my dealer has the lx to add a 3rd function kit I added a vise to my carryall to help with chain sharpening or anything else when I'm out and about.
Nice job. I like the way vice is out of way when tail gate is in, but on bench top when take the gate out. That’s is very useful and I plan to steal that idea (I’ve been thinking about a clamp on vice but what you did seems like a more stable idea. 🥃

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Shredded a couple acres at a high height(tons of sandburrs) with MX, picked up old concrete chunks and pieces of slabs with SVL, placed them in the cenote driveway that previous neglected. I have 4 trucks of road base coming Friday to fix the road to the house we bought over the summer.

View attachment 138397

View attachment 138398

View attachment 138399

View attachment 138400

View attachment 138401

View attachment 138402
Driver called and asked if he could deliver today, sure.