What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

MotoBBQ

Equipment
L3902 w/ LA526 loader; rotary cutter; box blade
Jun 26, 2023
MN
I have a very similar setup using pallets for compost station. It’s not uncommon to push/stab/lift the pallets when turning the compost with forks. If those are attached to that fence behind it could damage your fence if not real careful. Good luck.
Thanks, I used t-posts independent of the white fence you see behind it. I didn't think of using pallet forks to turn it either, planned on using the bucket. Do the forks work better?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Thanks, I used t-posts independent of the white fence you see behind it. I didn't think of using pallet forks to turn it either, planned on using the bucket. Do the forks work better?
I think depends on your process. I use my forks to fluff/aerate…couple times per week when heating up good. I think debris forks or even bale spears would work to fluff and let some air in. Then when I move from bay to bay is when I use the bucket to scoop and transfer. I catch the pallet framework most often with the bucket when scooping, especially the last little bit up against the back pallet.

Reactions: 1 user

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68,Flail Mower,Grapple, Z421
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Cut 6 birch trees that were either bent over from last winter or were going to probably go this winter. Left the brush piles for when I get the grapple in a few weeks. I have probably another dozen trees to go. Next week is supposed to be on the mid 60s so it will be a real nice week for outdoor work.

Attachments

Reactions: 7 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Almost finished the third function re-pipe. I have to finish a bracket/clamp to support the lower end of the hard lines, then test it.
IMG_20240919_192417512.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Very neatly done job!
Your L35 looks to deserve a complete paint job.
They don't build new ones anymore!
Thanks.
Yes, Katy led a hard life in her former surroundings. I'm trying to take care of her, but I don't think a paint job is in her future.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Chain harrowed 2 acres of pasture today. More to do another day. The shackle on the M7060 drawbar didn't fit the 3902 so ran to town first to get a smaller shackle. Stopped at local Kubota dealer on the way home and ordered a 65 gallon boom sprayer. Won't arrive in time for fall spraying unfortunately.

This small mulie buck has been hanging around the tree stand. Think he forgot to grow something.

Reactions: 3 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Cleanup, cleanup. Not the tractor. There's an area where I planted pine trees many years ago to screen my shed. Spent two days so far and there's another day to go. Since 1990 the trees grew very large and have concealed some of my "treasures" - various steel, pipes, etc. Trimmed and hauled numerous loads of dead inner branches, pine needles and cones, and junk. Put the brush forks on and moved subsoiler, RFM, landscape rake, rear blade and other stuff to remove the vegetation that took over that area. Never thought I'd live long enough to get around to this task.

Reactions: 4 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I had 50 gallons of water left in a second tote so used the forks with a rachet strap to drain it for the winter. Fueled and greased it then called it a day.

I have other projects to do but the ground is too dry for transplanting some larger trees. I tried a posthole last weekend it took a few attempts to get the powder out of the hole.

20240921_145935.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Had tractor running for just a few minutes. Temperature gauge reads HOT.

IMG_7164.jpeg

Had this issue before. Pull back to garage, take wire off sending unit, wipe off with towel and apply a little dielectric grease.

No picture, but read in lower half of readout. Wasn’t even up to operating temperature yet, let alone anywhere near HOT.

Reactions: 5 users

trevoroni

Equipment
B6000
May 24, 2023
Canada
No picture again... But used the mighty B6000 to backfill a couple of 4ft deep holes dug by my dad's backhoe at my brother's house.
He's getting upgraded electrical panels in his garage and barn so he needed new grounding plates.
No more glass tube fuses!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
No picture again... But used the mighty B6000 to backfill a couple of 4ft deep holes dug by my dad's backhoe at my brother's house.
He's getting upgraded electrical panels in his garage and barn so he needed new grounding plates.
No more glass tube fuses!
grounding "plates"?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
grounding "plates"?
Few different methods of grounding. One is to bury plates (lots of surface area). Then there's Ufer grounds where the electrode is concrete encased. More common driven ground rods (sometimes single, sometimes multiple). Rings of buried bare cable with or without rods, etc.

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I spent some time yesterday cleaning out the area where I need to install a French drain. On the town's topo map it shows a tributary for a nearby river starting right here. The area is muddy most of the year and the dogs apparently love to go there.
It's a swale dropping about 4 feet before it starts rising again. I used the stump bucket and regular bucket to get in there and clean it up a bit. As you can see there is no lack of rocks here. I had to drop a yard of fill so I could get down there (and out). Not a big project - about 50' long but when through the dogs will be able to go up on the hill without being caked in mud.

rear french drain area_s.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I spent some time yesterday cleaning out the area where I need to install a French drain. On the town's topo map it shows a tributary for a nearby river starting right here. The area is muddy most of the year and the dogs apparently love to go there.
It's a swale dropping about 4 feet before it starts rising again. I used the stump bucket and regular bucket to get in there and clean it up a bit. As you can see there is no lack of rocks here. I had to drop a yard of fill so I could get down there (and out). Not a big project - about 50' long but when through the dogs will be able to go up on the hill without being caked in mud.

View attachment 138235
A nearly pure white yellow Lab in the mud?
That almost never happens! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Got started with our winter garden this morning. The raised beds needed a little makeup soil to get them back to full level, so I got a bucketful from the compost heap and blended it by hand. I figured out real fast that a shovel that my ex-SIL broke when he borrowed it was the perfect length for working in raised beds that are nearly waist high to me. Used the little push plow to set up a ground level bed for the broccoli, sprouts, and English peas. Has to water the ground bed, but all the raised bed boxes still have plenty moisture. Shot the 13-13-13 to all of it and hopefully will have a bit of nice greens in a few weeks.

image.jpg

Got cabbage, lettuce, radish, carrots, and spring onion in the two large beds on the right. Gonna overhaul the strawberry bed and top up the large bed on the lower right tomorrow. Rather warm September morning with lunchtime temperatures at 93 with a feels-like temperature of 99. Don’t have the big water oak shading these anymore, so hoping for some improvement in performance. We usually have pretty good broccoli, but the sprouts never seem to mature before cabbage worms get them in the spring. English peas are hit/miss. I’m not putting the trellis back up until I see peas sprouting.

Reactions: 7 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Got started with our winter garden this morning. The raised beds needed a little makeup soil to get them back to full level, so I got a bucketful from the compost heap and blended it by hand. I figured out real fast that a shovel that my ex-SIL broke when he borrowed it was the perfect length for working in raised beds that are nearly waist high to me. Used the little push plow to set up a ground level bed for the broccoli, sprouts, and English peas. Has to water the ground bed, but all the raised bed boxes still have plenty moisture. Shot the 13-13-13 to all of it and hopefully will have a bit of nice greens in a few weeks.

View attachment 138256

Got cabbage, lettuce, radish, carrots, and spring onion in the two large beds on the right. Gonna overhaul the strawberry bed and top up the large bed on the lower right tomorrow. Rather warm September morning with lunchtime temperatures at 93 with a feels-like temperature of 99. Don’t have the big water oak shading these anymore, so hoping for some improvement in performance. We usually have pretty good broccoli, but the sprouts never seem to mature before cabbage worms get them in the spring. English peas are hit/miss. I’m not putting the trellis back up until I see peas sprouting.
Good day.

The gardens looks good 👍

The garden box’s on the right in the pic (black plastic boxes with lid raised)…are those homemade or purchased? (If purchased what / where from?).

Thanks in advance.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The weekend started off well on Saturday evening. Cleared some atv "trails" thru the no-mans land swamp area of my property for my wife's "Lil Sister" to ride around on.

ATV Trail.JPG

Sunday, whacked 3 more dead trees. Here's a dead/dying pin oak. I now have quite a bit of free firewood stacked up by the road to give away. I'm guessing the pile of logs is in the neighborhood of 4-5 cords.

ATV Trail 2.JPG

Then, while parking the tractor for some lunch...I came in a bit too hot!

The tractor bucket opened my garage like a can opener. GRRRR :mad:

ouch.JPG

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The weekend started off well on Saturday evening. Cleared some atv "trails" thru the no-mans land swamp area of my property for my wife's "Lil Sister" to ride around on.

View attachment 138293

Sunday, whacked 3 more dead trees. Here's a dead/dying pin oak. I now have quite a bit of free firewood stacked up by the road to give away. I'm guessing the pile of logs is in the neighborhood of 4-5 cords.

View attachment 138294

Then, while parking the tractor for some lunch...I came in a bit too hot!

The tractor bucket opened my garage like a can opener. GRRRR :mad:

View attachment 138295
Ouch !!!!
The good news,...those panels are easily replaced!
Ask me how I know!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users