Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Last week felt like fall. The temp started heating back up this weekend so we got some pup cups.
That’s called a Fugging - cross between a fight and a mugging. ;)

Term we used when I was in the Bar business.

Looks like they’re really enjoying the treats!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

WanderOn

Equipment
Kubota B8200D, B300A FEL
May 27, 2024
New England NSW Australia
You might have your vet check him for the full neuter. Sometimes the dog is too young or something and the testes haven’t descended so they don’t really do the procedure properly. Unlikely but not unheard of!

We had one dog who was friendly to most but hated some men that had a cap or a beard or something odd like that. He wasn’t really aggressive but if they were in eyesight he was a very wary dog and didn’t want them to get close to us and was always sure to be between the person and me. We didn’t get him until he was 3 years old so don’t have any clue what happened to him before. He was better later on in age but still aware of that “thing” he didn’t like.

Good luck with him. Sounds like you might want to get with that guy and do some training with your dog. And you might want to increase the activity to burn off the energy since he is a teenager now!

Not sure pinch collars will work well on pit bulls or bull dogs, they seem to be able to ignore significant discomfort and pain due to their breeding (and I don’t like using them in general).

He is a good looking dog.
Thanks.
Forgot to mention we have been doing a fair bit of training with him which he has taken to quire well.
You're right about energy. He gets 2 walks a day or taken to a large reserve nearby where he gets to run around off leash which wears him and the 2 boys out. (Thankfully)
Got a lot to learn. Both my wife and myself always had dogs around when we were kids/teens but this is our first time dealing with the "adult" side of dog ownership.
I really do appreciate the feedback from everyone.

I looked up pinch collars and as far as I can see they are illegal to import into Australia. Not something I would use.

He does respond well to training. Just gets distracted a bit easily. 🤣
He has been coming to heel really well lately.

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Glad it is going okay.

If you have bicycles there are attachments that you use to take the dog on a run or fast walk to get rid of the energy

here is one I used for a dog that just loved to race anything and he loved it. We had to use grass and gravel trails since he would wear his feet out on pavement.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Having a Boxer is a little different than some other dogs. Inquisitive is not the proper terminology.

Every Boxer we’ve had has had issues with bees.

Not his first rodeo, but Geddy got into some bees today.

Tough to tell from the picture, but his jowls are triple in size and hard to the touch…..very swollen.

It was obvious he was not feeling well as he’s been stuck to Dad for a while.

Some Benadryl will hopefully make him more comfortable.

IMG_7097.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Having a Boxer is a little different than some other dogs. Inquisitive is not the proper terminology.

Every Boxer we’ve had has had issues with bees.

Not his first rodeo, but Geddy got into some bees today.

Tough to tell from the picture, but his jowls are triple in size and hard to the touch…..very swollen.

It was obvious he was not feeling well as he’s been stuck to Dad for a while.

Some Benadryl will hopefully make him more comfortable.

View attachment 136273
We call the jalapeño bugs. Cuz they spicy!

• Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It's too late now, but if you mix meat tenderizer and water to make a paste and put it on the bee sting right away, the meat tenderizer will break down the protein in the venom and help to alleviate some of the pain. My Weimaraner used to go after the spiders and get spider bites on his lips.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We call the jalapeño bugs. Cuz they spicy!
It's too late now, but if you mix meat tenderizer and water to make a paste and put it on the bee sting right away, the meat tenderizer will break down the protein in the venom and help to alleviate some of the pain. My Weimaraner used to go after the spiders and get spider bites on his lips.
Wouldn't you know shortly after that picture he was back in the same spot. No ground bees. Thinking he just came across one or more.

Guessing he tried to eat the bee(s)....Spicy Bugs. :oops:

Didn't learn first try......:rolleyes:

Thankfully after Benadryl and a few hours the swelling was down a lot.

Today he's about normal and playing with toys.

IMG_7100.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Denali and Petey getting along great IMG_1152.jpeg IMG_3210.jpeg IMG_3187.jpeg

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
This is Puff. She likes to have ALL the Nyla Bonz in front of here. She never sits still for a picture.
1000026590.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Spousal unit had to have an indoor cat put down a few weeks ago and it was replaced with a new one yesterday…I’m not sure if it’s really brave or has some mild cognitive impairment…however the dog is listening way better than I could have imagined.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Spousal unit had to have an indoor cat put down a few weeks ago and it was replaced with a new one yesterday…I’m not sure if it’s really brave or has some mild cognitive impairment…however the dog is listening way better than I could have imagined.
According to picture #2, it should read "dogs". Looks like the cat has them both at attention and giving strict orders!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
According to picture #2, it should read "dogs". Looks like the cat has them both at attention and giving strict orders!
LOL…Maybe….i am not sure how many lives he has used up in his first day with us, but I guarantee he’s at less than 9 left. Probably closer to 0 than 9.

I’d bet if he tries to use either of the GSDs like a jungle gym it’s not going to work out.

WanderOn

Equipment
Kubota B8200D, B300A FEL
May 27, 2024
New England NSW Australia
Took the mutt for a walk at the local off leash reserve and he made friends with a 3 year old Collie cross kelpie who was on a long training lead at the time. Pair of them were racing around like loonies and shot behind me.I wasn't paying attention at the time and the lead wrapped around the back of my legs.
Damn he is strong.
My ego immediately kicked in. Nah that didn't hurt. 🤣
1000005559.jpg

1000005557.jpg

• Wow

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Riggs always wants to be with me and the only tractor cab that’s big enough is the m6 either that or he is gonna be a lap dog. Gots some mowing done and he got a ride

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
James Crane worked on the 101st floor of Tower 1 of the World Trade Center ... He is blind so he has a golden retriever named Daisy.

After the plane hit 20 stories below, James knew that he was doomed, so he let Daisy go, out of an act of love.

She darted away into the darkened hallway.
Choking on the fumes of the jet fuel and the smoke James was just waiting to die. About 30 minutes later, Daisy comes back along with James’ boss, Who Daisy just happened to pick up on floor 112 on her first run of the building, she leads James, James’ boss, and about 300 more people out of the doomed building.

But she wasn’t through yet, she knew there were others who were trapped. So, highly against James’ wishes she ran back in the building.

On her second run, she saved 392 lives. Again she went back in. During this run, the building collapses.
James hears about this and falls on his knees into tears.

Against all known odds, Daisy makes it out alive, but this time she is carried by a firefighter. “She led us right to the people, before she got injured” the fireman explained.

Her final run saved another 273 lives. She suffered acute smoke inhalation, severe burns on all four paws, and a broken leg, but she saved 967 lives.

Daisy is the first civilian Canine to win the Medal of Honor of New York City.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
James Crane worked on the 101st floor of Tower 1 of the World Trade Center ... He is blind so he has a golden retriever named Daisy.

After the plane hit 20 stories below, James knew that he was doomed, so he let Daisy go, out of an act of love.

She darted away into the darkened hallway.
Choking on the fumes of the jet fuel and the smoke James was just waiting to die. About 30 minutes later, Daisy comes back along with James’ boss, Who Daisy just happened to pick up on floor 112 on her first run of the building, she leads James, James’ boss, and about 300 more people out of the doomed building.

But she wasn’t through yet, she knew there were others who were trapped. So, highly against James’ wishes she ran back in the building.

On her second run, she saved 392 lives. Again she went back in. During this run, the building collapses.
James hears about this and falls on his knees into tears.

Against all known odds, Daisy makes it out alive, but this time she is carried by a firefighter. “She led us right to the people, before she got injured” the fireman explained.

Her final run saved another 273 lives. She suffered acute smoke inhalation, severe burns on all four paws, and a broken leg, but she saved 967 lives.

Daisy is the first civilian Canine to win the Medal of Honor of New York City.
Might want to fact check this. One example

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Spent some time at the new place today and for the first time it started to feel like ours (previous owners have recently moved to their new home). So for first time we took the dogs out to the pasture and back to the river. They got their steps in had a big time. The way those tongues are hanging out, if the grinch doesn’t say ‘no you don’t need a milkshake’, might have to go them some pup cups this evening 😆🥃

Attachments

• Love

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
Spent some time at the new place today and for the first time it started to feel like ours (previous owners have recently moved to their new home). So for first time we took the dogs out to the pasture and back to the river. They got their steps in had a big time. The way those tongues are hanging out, if the grinch doesn’t say ‘no you don’t need a milkshake’, might have to go them some pup cups this evening 😆🥃
They definitely have the AC running! Did they get in the river for a swim?

• Haha