New tractor buyer

busdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L 5460, KX-40-4 6way blade
Jun 30, 2024
New Meadows, Id
Thank you ! I think I’ll be super happy with it too.
Before going to see it , I did stop by the MF dealer again to look at the 2860 M I was so close to buying .
And it was fate / destiny, they had sold it and would be a bit before getting any more of them or the 1840 M in. So I scurried over to the Kubota dealer and knew my decision as soon as I saw it .
I'm happy that it worked out for you. Did the dealer ever comment about not getting back to you? Check your fluids when they deliver your tractor. I found that my hydraulic fluids was quite low just touching the dip stick. Fortunately I had asked the dealer to bring supplies for the 50 hr check. Oil filter oil and hydraulic fluid. Put a whole gallon of hydraulic fluid in to get it up to a adequate level, still needs more. Ask your dealer to give you the stuff for the 50 hr service. Have fun.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm happy that it worked out for you. Did the dealer ever comment about not getting back to you? Check your fluids when they deliver your tractor. I found that my hydraulic fluids was quite low just touching the dip stick. Fortunately I had asked the dealer to bring supplies for the 50 hr check. Oil filter oil and hydraulic fluid. Put a whole gallon of hydraulic fluid in to get it up to a adequate level, still needs more. Ask your dealer to give you the stuff for the 50 hr service. Have fun.
Your "equipment" listing does not show that you own ANY tractor.

Little Timmy

Equipment
Kubota Grand L5460
Aug 21, 2024
Wyoming
Hey thank you ! They’ve been slammed with everything going on, and likely understaffed like everyone else.
I’ll definitely hit them up on all the break in service items. See if they’ll give a decent discount on all of it as well.
Thank you for the tips and I’m so anxious to see it arrive.

Little Timmy

Equipment
Kubota Grand L5460
Aug 21, 2024
Wyoming
Your "equipment" listing does not show that you own ANY tractor.
Although I haven’t officially bought it yet, I have money down but still waiting to do Docu Sign on the paperwork . Maybe I’ll hear from the dealer tomorrow. Last Saturday they asked if delivering this Wednesday would work for me. Still trying to decide on attachments.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Timmy

Equipment
Kubota Grand L5460
Aug 21, 2024
Wyoming
After the long wait my new 5460 is going to be delivered in the morning (Friday). But I have to work , so just taking off a hour or two to meet them and sign paperwork, park it in the shop , and back to work. So won’t get to play with it til the evening.
Besides the loader and square back bucket , I’m only getting a Land Pride RB 3784 rear blade. And I did order 2 chain hooks and 2 clevis mounts from Bolt On Hooks. Didn’t dare bite off anymore at this point. I’ll have to wait til I can sell a few things before getting any more attachments. But at least I can make pretty good use of it for the next while .

Reactions: 2 users

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Congratulations on your new tractor. As you start using it, you can figure out what other attachments you need to keep up your property. Then you can start watching classifieds and Marketplace for some good used ones.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Timmy

Equipment
Kubota Grand L5460
Aug 21, 2024
Wyoming
Congratulations on your new tractor. As you start using it, you can figure out what other attachments you need to keep up your property. Then you can start watching classifieds and Marketplace for some good used ones.
Hey thank you. That’s a good idea, as those brand new attachments are way expensive . That rear blade cost me $2,350 !

Little Timmy

Equipment
Kubota Grand L5460
Aug 21, 2024
Wyoming
Got my new utility / chore / dirt manipulating / junk moving/ 4wd climate controlled cabbed diesel powered orange flavored apparatus delivered yesterday morning. Only thing I did with it so far is parked it inside 😁
D698F4BB-0A22-46FB-A787-18F370443B88.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Looks great. What back blade did you settle on? (Looks like it’s hiding back there).

Little Timmy

Equipment
Kubota Grand L5460
Aug 21, 2024
Wyoming
Looks great. What back blade did you settle on? (Looks like it’s hiding back there).
Thank you . I went with the Land Pride RB 3784. The 96” I think would’ve been a little too big for some of the areas I’ll be using it in.
Down the road I’ll possibly look into adding 3rd function, top & tilt and hydraulic angling on the blade.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thank you . I went with the Land Pride RB 3784. The 96” I think would’ve been a little too big for some of the areas I’ll be using it in.
Down the road I’ll possibly look into adding 3rd function, top & tilt and hydraulic angling on the blade.
Congratulations!
A GREAT looking machine!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Got my new utility / chore / dirt manipulating / junk moving/ 4wd climate controlled cabbed diesel powered orange flavored apparatus delivered yesterday morning. Only thing I did with it so far is parked it inside 😁
View attachment 136419
Count me as jealous -- of the tractor and the place to park it in!!;)