What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
That does sound crazy. Was taught in A&P school that at least two or three threads need to come through the nut for proper torque. Who's right?
Paging runs with scissors!
Common sense says who ever taught you that was wrong.........think about it.
Really think the threads hanging out and don't have any contact with a "female" thread have anything to do with stretching?

Last edited:

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I cheated a bit today and used the grapple for the heavy lifting and the splitter. I made a decent dent in the pile though. 🥃
I had a few big pieces like that this spring. I considered trying to get onto the splitter, but then just got the sledge and wedge. They were straight grained so split remarkable easy. I only did a few at a time as not to pull a muscle, and just split them enough so I could get them on the splitter by hand.

Reactions: 1 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Common sense says who ever taught you that was wrong.........think about it.
Really think the threads hanging out and don't have any contact with a "female" thread have anything to do with stretching?
Those threads hanging out help the strength of a bolted joint by reducing the stress concentration factors in the bolt and nut. Those are due to the first couple of threads on the bolt not being 100% full good threads so by getting the bolt to stick out then there is better thread contact through the entire nut.

that is what @lynnmor was showing in his post above

This has just become the industry standard and is taught extensively.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I had a few big pieces like that this spring. I considered trying to get onto the splitter, but then just got the sledge and wedge. They were straight grained so split remarkable easy. I only did a few at a time as not to pull a muscle, and just split them enough so I could get them on the splitter by hand.
My preference is using a maul too. Personally I don’t like using logs that big for firewood, but it was a tree in a place I could not get equipment too easily, so I chunked it up and hauled out with the grapple and made a pile. It was big enough pile not much fun to wrestle em out to split, so I cheated 🙊. I don’t want it to go to waste either…it’s a shame to use that type of wood for firewood. My splitter can be set up to split vertically, but for big pieces that seems like more work to wrestle them in under the wedge. The grapple really helped to set up up on the table top then pretty easy to roll onto the splitter.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
We've been contemplating getting out of the layer hen habit for a while now. Finally re-homed the last of the hens to my daughter's coop Saturday and have been tearing out the chicken pen.

Combination of chain link and page wire, SEVERELY overgrown with wild rose, wild raspberries, goldenrod and alder sprouts. Managed to salvage about 2/3 of the chain link which will be used to expand the daughter's pen, the rest I just hooked onto with a chain and ripped out. Pulled the posts and mowed the weeds/brush, now I'm down to cleaning up my mess, lugging off rotten cedar posts and mangled wire and such.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Those threads hanging out help the strength of a bolted joint by reducing the stress concentration factors in the bolt and nut. Those are due to the first couple of threads on the bolt not being 100% full good threads so by getting the bolt to stick out then there is better thread contact through the entire nut.

that is what @lynnmor was showing in his post above

This has just become the industry standard and is taught extensively.

Isn't that like saying if you take a rope, cut off one end, put it on the the other end the rope will be longer?

• Angry

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Spent a nice weekend camping at my land with my grandson. The weather could not have been more perfect.

One of the "chores" on the list was dragging my box blind across the property back to my picnic/camping area for some major renovations. I built the box blind on skids so I can drag it to different locations if needed. I needed him to remove a large brush pile that I placed to break up the outline of the box blind before I could hook on with my jeep and drag it.

Anyways, my grandson has never driven the L2501 , only my B7100 which does not have a loader. My buddy who has lots of machine experience and great operator and teacher went thru the safety aspects and controls with him and for his first loader/grapple experience did great.

After the work finished we relaxed around the campsite, bbq'ed, enjoyed a fire, and played some very non regulation horse shoe competition, :) .

DSC03553.JPG

DSC03565.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG
IMG_9732.jpeg

IMG_0299.jpeg

IMG_0303.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Isn't that like saying if you take a rope, cut off one end, put it on the the other end the rope will be longer?
To me, not really.

It is more like saying get the rope long enough to tie a figure eight keeper knot instead of a simple overhand keeper knot. Both would hold but if you are being lifted 1000 feet off the ground with that rope which keeper knot is safer, better, more reliable?