Daily Chuckle

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
They also had a really tall (stainless?) sliding board that we'd sit on waxed paper to go faster.
Sliding board?
I mean, I would have guessed this was a UK term or something... I had to check where you are from. So now I'm confused about that. Is it an age thing?
I mean, we've always just called it a "slide". Assuming we're talking about the same thing, of course. I *think* my parents called it a slide, too, but I guess I can't be positive.
Hmm. Mysteries of life, I guess.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Sliding board?
I mean, I would have guessed this was a UK term or something... I had to check where you are from. So now I'm confused about that. Is it an age thing?
I mean, we've always just called it a "slide". Assuming we're talking about the same thing, of course. I *think* my parents called it a slide, too, but I guess I can't be positive.
I think it is more of a regional term like pop, soda, coke type thing.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Man, that lap belt is way too high - it's gonna cause more damage than it prevents. It needs to be way down in your lap... I can't believe he would be walking around so dangerously. He needs to wear that correctly so all the people around him are safe!

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Sliding board?
Could be a regional thing. Maybe originals were wood? Caution - splinters:) Walmartians use the term:

EDIT No idea how that link above got named

Even here in PA we can confuse each other - gumband, pop, soda, y'ins, etc. Then we have different ideas about dinner and supper. Around here we might say "If you work on getting the front wheels off, I'll change the oil awhile". Others would probably say "While I change the oil, you could pull the front tires". Had a bud from Pittsburgh scratch his head when I ended a sentence in "awhile".