Zg127 zero turn dies after you pull off choke

Hlarrick

Equipment
Zg127e
Oct 6, 2017
Bowling green va
Have a zg127 mower(great mower) having issues with it running though! Changed fuel filter, getting fuel from pump to carb, rebuilt carb, ran amazing for about and hour then started repeating same issue! Will start on choke but as soon as you pull it back off choke it dies like it's not getting enough fuel! Spray starting fluid in intake and will stay running! What am I missing?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Have a zg127 mower(great mower) having issues with it running though! Changed fuel filter, getting fuel from pump to carb, rebuilt carb, ran amazing for about and hour then started repeating same issue! Will start on choke but as soon as you pull it back off choke it dies like it's not getting enough fuel! Spray starting fluid in intake and will stay running! What am I missing?
You have a restriction in the carb - you have a small piece of trash sucked up in the pick up tube or venturi tube

Best thing to do - breaking it down, run a small wire up ALL the passages and then blow with compressed air. The piece that is there is small, but causes the fuel NOT to be atomized and thus the problem!

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
So as to not damage or burr the jets or venturi tubes when cleaning them, use oxy set tip cleaners or similar instead of a piece of wire.
While it's unlikely, loosen your fuel tank cap to make sure there isn't a vent blockage.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I think these guys are on the right track.
Do you use ethanol gas?
If so, do you treat it with an additive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Very common. Pull the fuel valve out of the fuel tank and blow it out. Then replace the fuel filter. Blow the valve out such that whatever is inside of it is blown into a rag or towel so you can see what it is. Usually just grass clippings or dirt but I've seen bugs in them too. This will give you an idea what's down inside the fuel tank and whether or not the tank would have to come off to fix it correctly. Getting the tank off of one of these is not an easy task for a typical DIY'er as you'll be disassembling the mower down to a bare frame with wheels, 2 hst's and an engine.

pritcharddesign

Equipment
Kubota zg 127s
Jun 28, 2021
Easton PA
My mower stalled out as soon as I engaged the blades. I added STP Fuel Injector Cleaner, drove a few yards and then it was totally fine!