ZD331

Greenco

Equipment
ZD331
Jun 4, 2024
Louisiana
i read someone else had this problem and I did not see where they found a solution. "The key lights up instrument lights ,fuel pump hums, glow plugs light up, but will not crank, Horn has been disconnected and seat switch bridged. I can put the key in the run position and arc the starter motor, and it will start and run perfectly. when i try to turn it off the key has no affect and i have to manually push the motor cut off lever to kill it. Safety switches all test OK, the 3 relays all test OK, the fuses seem to be OK, Battery terminals tight and earth lead to chassis tight. Seems to be the ignition switch but it will not hotwire if the ignition switch is in the off position, and the fuel pump turns on with the first stop and the glow plugs with the second, but no crank on the third." I have this exact same issue and have done these exact same steps. If anyone has or knows the answer please let me know.
Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Read this post:

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
I have 1500hrs on my ZD323 and on brake switch #4. Try holding key in start position and kick down on brake pedal a few times. When mine starts to stick I hose it down with contact cleaner and blow it off with compressed air. It buys me time until I replace the switch.

ChiefWebb

Equipment
MX5100, ZD331, Z242KW-48 & RTV900, Woods Stump Grinder, Armstrong Ag Grappler
Feb 24, 2023
South Texas
I too had problems with the brake safety switch on my ZD331 causing the same problem. A little hard for me to access the little switch to clean it, so I installed a simple toggle switch in a more convenient spot below the left lever arm in the plastic body. I epoxied the exterior of the toggle switch to keep out dust. No problems since.