ZD 331 controller location?

Larry M

Equipment
L5030
Mar 4, 2021
Buchanan, Michigan
I was mowing along fine and then the horn started sounding alarm, so I stop and tried to shut engine off, gauges were not working, engine would not shut off, what to do? Some time pass and then it started running rough and quit, but then would not restart. Key switch seemed to be working correct, indicators lite, gauges would move, but go to crank and nothing.
I could jump at starter solenoid and it would fire up, brake pedal position did not matter, but could still not shut it off. The horn alarm did not sound any more either.
Thinking it might be the controller that I have read about, but where is this controller located, having trouble finging it to do and wiring wiggle test,
This is really weird, have had no problems until now.
Could someone tell me if they have had this experience and where the controller is located.
Thanks for any help on this.
This is on my ZD331 mower.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I was mowing along fine and then the horn started sounding alarm, so I stop and tried to shut engine off, gauges were not working, engine would not shut off, what to do? Some time pass and then it started running rough and quit, but then would not restart. Key switch seemed to be working correct, indicators lite, gauges would move, but go to crank and nothing.
I could jump at starter solenoid and it would fire up, brake pedal position did not matter, but could still not shut it off. The horn alarm did not sound any more either.
Thinking it might be the controller that I have read about, but where is this controller located, having trouble finging it to do and wiring wiggle test,
Could someone tell me if they have had this experience and where the controller is located.
The controller is mounted in front of the fuse block and relay bank. Right below the horn.

Danthemanwiththevan

Equipment
zd331
Jul 24, 2021
Aust
I have a similar issue, ZD331 zero turn, the key lights up instrument lights ,fuel pump hums, glow plugs light up, but will not crank, Horn has been disconnected and seat switch bridged. I can put the key in the run position and arc the starter motor, and it will start and run perfectly. when i try to turn it off the key has no affect and i have to manually push the motor cut off lever to kill it. Safety switches all test OK, the 3 relays all test OK, the fuses seem to be OK, Battery terminals tight and earth lead to chassis tight. Seems to be the ignition switch but it will not hotwire if the ignition switch is in the off position so it must work???