Wont stay running

VirginiaGearJammer

Equipment
1982 Kubota L275
May 27, 2023
Staunton, Virginia
Hey yall i just bought a 1982 L275. Its 4wd three cylinder diesel 27 horse. Its a an old barn find. The tractor had run in three years before i bought it. I changed all the filters, changed all the fluids, brand new battery, drained all old diesel cleaned the tank out and brand new diezel. Now the tractor has been running good for about a month since i bought it but for the past few days it wont stay running. Its starts rough and takes awhile then it dies. Once it starts the feul peddle and the throttle lever are unresponsive and the tractor wont rev up. I cracked open the fuel lines to the injectors and its getting fuel with plenty of pressure. I closed em back up. The tractor will start then just die any suggestions to help me start checking problems?

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Sounds like a fuel restriction. I suppose you’ve check the fuel filter. I wonder if there’s something from the tank that didn’t come out in the line?

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If the linkage to the injection pump is good, then I'd Bet you've got an algae issue or some other debris issue in the tank, lines, filter, or injection pump.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I would start by seeing how much fuel is flowing out of the tank into the filter housing. Put a bucket under the area and remove the fuel line going into the filter housing and see if you have good flow out of the hose. If not then blow a bit of air through the hose and then see what the flow is. Use fairly low pressure air and loosen the fuel tank cap before blowing the line out.