Wirirng discrepancy on B7100, can anyone assist.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hi all
I'm having a problem with the wiring curcuits on my B7100, i have a wirirng diagram from the back of the owners manual but it is appears to be incorrect on the wirirng colours also it does not show the top mounted gen/alternator setup, only the what appears to be the water pump mounted version.

can anybody assist me on this please or clarify where the wires from the alterator & regulator (large black finless version mounted on bulkhead) go as they are on a separate small loom which goes directly to the Ign switch etc.
there are 1x large red,1x small red with a fuse holder,1x white with a red tracer and two cables, red & black joined together
5 in total .

any help would be really appreciated guys, also,the kubota workshop manual also does not have the diagram either.

thanks
rob

6mmbr

Dec 12, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
It sounds like you have the optional add-on alternator and voltage regulator that goes with it. This voltage regulator is mounted to the firewall on the engine side in front of the battery.

The Workshop Manual for the B7100 has this wiring diagram for this optional alternator in it. It will not be in the owners manual since it is optional equipment.

I don't have access to a WSM here. It may be worth buying one or getting copies made of this section from your Kubota dealer.

good luck