What is this nut on my ROPS bracket for?

neilbedwell

May 11, 2010
Kentucky
I'm sure the answer to this is gonna make me sound like Homer Simpson "D'OH", but I have been trying to figure out what this nut is for. It is on my 2010 L2800 tractor. It's in the top hole of my ROPS bracket. Here is a pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
It's a place to mount dual beer holders...one for the left and one for the right :D

Or you could install lights and use those fasteners to bolt light brackets.

JimBeard

Equipment
Tiller ,6Foot Blade,FEL,3pointFinish Mower
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Mine has a bolt. Guess it is too lock ROPS in place , full up position.
Give me a year or 3 & i will find a use for it;)

SpudHauler

Equipment
RTV 1100 CW-A
Sep 8, 2010
Canada
I'm not a tractor guy, but looks to me like a way to tighten up the top half of the rops, when in the up position, so it doesn't rattle and drive the driver nuts.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I'm not a tractor guy, but looks to me like a way to tighten up the top half of the rops, when in the up position, so it doesn't rattle and drive the driver nuts.
Some time last summer there was a fellow that started a thread for his ratteling rops. I found a picture from a dealership using the bolt to secure his rops just as Jim Beard does. It was the perfect fix the guy needed and all was good :)

If your rops rattles in the upright position then install a bolt. I, on the other hand, will continue to use mine as dual beer holders :D

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
If ya don't have bolt handy Probably could spray some expanding foam in there too get rid any rattles :confused:

I found a use for those extra adjustment holes on ROPS, put some hooks i found lying around in for hanging small stuff on.SEE Photo Below
But mostly waiting for someone to tell me i should not be pulling with the ROPS:D
Gonna say no i use those to raise the front up .
Hook a chain low on a tree drive forward & up goes the front for changing oil and what not.
Crazy as loon John Prine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh33ipvRSfY

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Crazy JimBeard, you are getting quite the collection of treasures on there.
I think you should add a couple of racoon tales :D

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
I have an L2800 and the tension knob was missing on my ROPS, same as yours - I just put in a bolt on each side and tightened up - no more rattles.

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Crazy JimBeard, you are getting quite the collection of treasures on there.
I think you should add a couple of racoon tales :D
Actually the dealer is picking tractor up tomorrow for warranty work so i removed most of my treasures just before this photo .