Weak Hydraulics B7100hst ?

Barefoot guy

Equipment
1993 Kubota B7100hst. RC60 belly mower.
Jun 2, 2022
West Virginia
I recently bought a hitch reciever for the 3 point hitch on the back of my B7100hst. I slid a ball mount into the reciever with a 2" ball. I have a 16 foot dovetail car hauler that was empty and I needed to move it. I backed up under the hitch and the hydraulics wouldn't lift the trailer tongue. I was just idling. So I opened the throttle some and it still wouldn't lift it. I then revved it up to about 2400 rpm and it relucantly jerked and lifted the trailer. I moved about 5 feet forward and the trailer jack was already dragging the ground. So I raised it again and within seconds it was leaking back off again. Was I asking too much of it to lift the trailer tongue? Shouldn't it hold it off the ground and not leak off? Only thing the 3 point hitch does is lift the RC60 belly mower. I would guess the tongue weight of the empty trailer to be no more than 300lbs. It is heavy enough though to lighten up the steering on the B7100. I plan on buying a box blade this summer but I have my doubts the tractor will be able to lift it.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I use my B7100 to pick up a 16' double axle trailer and move it around - only when I move it up a slight incline do I have any problems ( fronts wheels get light - and I have weight on front too)

Hydraulics should pick up tongue however - and hold it, how many hours on your B?

Have you checked your hydraulic return linkage on your right rear?

1709550447007.png

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I recently bought a hitch reciever for the 3 point hitch on the back of my B7100hst. I slid a ball mount into the reciever with a 2" ball. I have a 16 foot dovetail car hauler that was empty and I needed to move it. I backed up under the hitch and the hydraulics wouldn't lift the trailer tongue. I was just idling. So I opened the throttle some and it still wouldn't lift it. I then revved it up to about 2400 rpm and it relucantly jerked and lifted the trailer. I moved about 5 feet forward and the trailer jack was already dragging the ground. So I raised it again and within seconds it was leaking back off again. Was I asking too much of it to lift the trailer tongue? Shouldn't it hold it off the ground and not leak off? Only thing the 3 point hitch does is lift the RC60 belly mower. I would guess the tongue weight of the empty trailer to be no more than 300lbs. It is heavy enough though to lighten up the steering on the B7100. I plan on buying a box blade this summer but I have my doubts the tractor will be able to lift it.
The 3pt should easily lift 300 pounds.

Weak lift is lack of hydraulic pressure. Possible causes are worn pump or leaking cylinder seal

Leakdown indicates bad cylinder seal or a worn cylinder. I would probably start there. Cheap and relatively easy to service.

Dan

Barefoot guy

Equipment
Jun 2, 2022
West Virginia
I use my B7100 to pick up a 16' double axle trailer and move it around - only when I move it up a slight incline do I have any problems ( fronts wheels get light - and I have weight on front too)

Hydraulics should pick up tongue however - and hold it, how many hours on your B?

Have you checked your hydraulic return linkage on your right rear?

View attachment 123580
The tractor shows 1530 hours and the hour meter does seem to work. It clicks as long as the key is on. The return linkage is not adjusted properly. Thank you for that tip. With the trailer hitch on the 3 point hitch the top arm comes up and hits the back of the seat before the rc60 belly mower is fully lifted. It keeps the belly mower lifted but with a weight on the hitch when I have it on it leaks off. I gave it a good inspection all over last night and I found there is a tiny leak up at the pump somwhere so that could be my culprit. Gotta remove the side cover and check that out. That may be my problem. I really appreciate the replies. You guys are really helpful. I will get back on here as soon as I investigate my new leak.

Barefoot guy

Equipment
Jun 2, 2022
West Virginia
The 3pt should easily lift 300 pounds.

Weak lift is lack of hydraulic pressure. Possible causes are worn pump or leaking cylinder seal

Leakdown indicates bad cylinder seal or a worn cylinder. I would probably start there. Cheap and relatively easy to service.

Dan
Thank you for your reply it is really appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The tractor shows 1530 hours and the hour meter does seem to work. It clicks as long as the key is on. The return linkage is not adjusted properly. Thank you for that tip. With the trailer hitch on the 3 point hitch the top arm comes up and hits the back of the seat before the rc60 belly mower is fully lifted. It keeps the belly mower lifted but with a weight on the hitch when I have it on it leaks off. I gave it a good inspection all over last night and I found there is a tiny leak up at the pump somwhere so that could be my culprit. Gotta remove the side cover and check that out. That may be my problem. I really appreciate the replies. You guys are really helpful. I will get back on here as soon as I investigate my new leak.
A leak at the pump will not cause the three point to drop.
A bad valve or cylinder seals cause that to happen.

Reactions: 1 user