Trying to find out rear pto snowblower make

MikeBobD

Equipment
2004 BX2200d, loader, 54”mower, rear bagger, rake, box blade, 4’rear snowblower
Feb 6, 2021
Durham, CT
Hi all, looking for some info if anyone knows the manufacturer of the rear pto 48” snowblower shown. The only identifying item is the Durst A21 gearbox with date stamp of 5/26/78. Thanks for any assistance and even mention a make/model that has similar features.

Attachments

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Looks like a Kubota B2551 except yours is a little narrower. I am fairly confident it was made by a company called Ber-Vac. A Canadian company if I recall correctly. I will attach a couple of shots of a Kubota B2551 so you can compare the design. I have a PDF of the Ber-Vac manual if you would like it. The same snow blower was sold as Ford New Holland also.
IMAG0060.JPG
IMAG0065.JPG
IMAG0067.JPG
IMAG0068.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

MikeBobD

Equipment
2004 BX2200d, loader, 54”mower, rear bagger, rake, box blade, 4’rear snowblower
Feb 6, 2021
Durham, CT
Looks like a Kubota B2551 except yours is a little narrower. I am fairly confident it was made by a company called Ber-Vac. A Canadian company if I recall correctly. I will attach a couple of shots of a Kubota B2551 so you can compare the design. I have a PDF of the Ber-Vac manual if you would like it. The same snow blower was sold as Ford New Holland also. View attachment 54491 View attachment 54492 View attachment 54493 View attachment 54494
Kubotasam that is great. The similar features etc really match up. Yes mine is 48” inside dim but it flares out to 50” or so. Definitely interested in the manual.
As you may have seen, the collar at the auger connection on mine broke and I have since cut it off revealing a 1/4” shaft key that was missing and realized that the 2 shear bolts were anything but! If I can find the part, great, if not I’m thinking of fabbing one up. I picked it up for pretty cheap last year and it stopped snowing haha. Definitely want to get it back to its glory but for now at least get her back going.

Last edited:

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I sent you a private message. Look at the upper right of the screen and click on the envelope.

NicO

Equipment
Kubota B7200
Jan 29, 2021
BC, Canada
Looks like a Kubota B2551 except yours is a little narrower. I am fairly confident it was made by a company called Ber-Vac. A Canadian company if I recall correctly. I will attach a couple of shots of a Kubota B2551 so you can compare the design. I have a PDF of the Ber-Vac manual if you would like it. The same snow blower was sold as Ford New Holland also. View attachment 54491 View attachment 54492 View attachment 54493 View attachment 54494
Hi, any chance I could get a copy of the b2551 manual you have. I’m trying to figure out how I’m supposed to check the worm gear box oil. The manual I have is incredibly vague, with zero diagrams. Cheers
Hi, any chance I could get a copy of the b2551 manual you have. I’m trying to figure out how I’m supposed to check the worm gear box oil. The manual I have is incredibly vague, with zero diagrams. I ended up fabricating new mounting arms to attach to the rear, I have a PTO shaft that I think will match but it’s kinda short so I’m made the arms shorter to match. Fingers crossed it all works when I assemble and test🤞

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Hi, any chance I could get a copy of the b2551 manual you have. I’m trying to figure out how I’m supposed to check the worm gear box oil. The manual I have is incredibly vague, with zero diagrams. Cheers

Hi, any chance I could get a copy of the b2551 manual you have. I’m trying to figure out how I’m supposed to check the worm gear box oil. The manual I have is incredibly vague, with zero diagrams. I ended up fabricating new mounting arms to attach to the rear, I have a PTO shaft that I think will match but it’s kinda short so I’m made the arms shorter to match. Fingers crossed it all works when I assemble and test🤞
I sent you a private message.

Reactions: 1 user

Kone Dog

Equipment
L3400, Farmi winch, LandPride bushhog, 48 rear snowblower, PJ 12' dump trailer
Feb 23, 2021
Alton, NH
Hi all, looking for some info if anyone knows the manufacturer of the rear pto 48” snowblower shown. The only identifying item is the Durst A21 gearbox with date stamp of 5/26/78. Thanks for any assistance and even mention a make/model that has similar features.
Hi Mike, I think I have the same one. I did some research on it back 10 years ago when I got it. Also believe it was from early to mid 70's and sold by Yarnmar. See attached parts list that I got as I needed to replace a broken part. You'll see name and phone numbers of a few places I called that may help you. john

Attachments