Trouble with mower lift arm.

Vukman

Equipment
BX2680
Apr 29, 2024
Harrisville, PA
I have a brand new BX2680 with under 30 hours use. I removed my 60” mower to rotor till my garden, raised the lift arms and locked them in place. Knob marked at “Top”. The right lift arm fell and got jammed under the tractor bending it and breaking the weld on the bracket holding up the front of the lift arm. The left side remained in place. I was looking on the internet and found others with the same experience.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It is under the factory warranty, take it back to your dealer and let them fix it. You should print the messages that show this is a common problem so they don't say it is your fault. Most dealers will fix it rather than give you a difficult time. If it is that common, Kubota will eventually have a service bulletin on the issue and recommend a repair. Once you find out how it was repaired, let us know, because others might also be having a similar problem

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I have a brand new BX2680 with under 30 hours use. I removed my 60” mower to rotor till my garden, raised the lift arms and locked them in place. Knob marked at “Top”. The right lift arm fell and got jammed under the tractor bending it and breaking the weld on the bracket holding up the front of the lift arm. The left side remained in place. I was looking on the internet and found others with the same experience.
What came loose to let the RH side drop while the LF stayed up?

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880 with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Hope this doesn’t happen across all BX tractors. Mine stayed up all winter. Had a hard to dropping them down to hook up the mower deck.

Vukman

Equipment
BX2680
Apr 29, 2024
Harrisville, PA
What came loose to let the RH side drop while the LF stayed up?
I don’t think anything came loose. I think it jumped off the post with the oval plate that holds it on the lifting arms. You have to line up the oval plate to put it on. I think it bounced off.
It is under the factory warranty, take it back to your dealer and let them fix it. You should print the messages that show this is a common problem so they don't say it is your fault. Most dealers will fix it rather than give you a difficult time. If it is that common, Kubota will eventually have a service bulletin on the issue and recommend a repair. Once you find out how it was repaired, let us know, because others might also be having a similar problem
To be perfectly honest with you I have been very disappointed with the people I have had to deal with at this dealership I purchased the parts that were damaged and with a friend helping me we replaced it. I am going to have the broken bracket welded and get on with my life. The service wait time for this dealership is very disappointing to say the least.