Toe and heal throttle pedal

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
You LIKE the rocker pedal?
Personally, I like the rocker. Recently test drove a BX with the split pedal and found it a bit odd after spending 380 hours on my L with a single rocker.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Personally, I like the rocker. Recently test drove a BX with the split pedal and found it a bit odd after spending 380 hours on my L with a single rocker.
I have my Ford 1920 with conventional pedals, and my Kubota L48 with rocker pedal.
I definitely prefer the Ford pedals!
Of course, I have owned tractors for 50+ years, so it is what I am accustomed to.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I have my Ford 1920 with conventional pedals, and my Kubota L48 with rocker pedal.
I definitely prefer the Ford pedals!
Of course, I have owned tractors for 50+ years, so it is what I am accustomed to.
It does make a difference. My prior tractors (only about 45 years) were both a dry clutch with a gear shift between my legs and no reverser so anything was an improvement. 🙂

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
It does make a difference. My prior tractors (only about 45 years) were both a dry clutch with a gear shift between my legs and no reverser so anything was an improvement. 🙂
I got so used to my treadle pedal over the summer when I got in my truck after 5 hours of grading I instinctively put my heel down to back up. 🤦‍♂️Every time I use the mower the same thing happens. It was really weird at first since the only other equipment I ever drove was a cvt mower with normal pedals.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I do not like the rockers,, my feet get all tangled up in it

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Somebody makes a mod that fits across the pedal that essentially closes the gap between the toe and heel, but my Google Fu is weak today and I can't find it.

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I got so used to my treadle pedal over the summer when I got in my truck after 5 hours of grading I instinctively put my heel down to back up. 🤦‍♂️Every time I use the mower the same thing happens. It was really weird at first since the only other equipment I ever drove was a cvt mower with normal pedals.
OMG that's funny....Just last week I had to drive the old ladys minivan.

When I came to the first stop sign my left leg couldn't find the clutch pedal and my right arm couldn't find the shifter.

I looked like a panicked swimmer, flailing my arms and legs looking for them.....:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
OMG that's funny....Just last week I had to drive the old ladys minivan.

When I came to the first stop sign my left leg couldn't find the clutch pedal and my right arm couldn't find the shifter.

I looked like a panicked swimmer, flailing my arms and legs looking for them.....:ROFLMAO:
Having that problem here, Switching between the L2501DT and my 8N. And then we found a real nice 2009 outback automatic to replace our 2009 forester manual. I keep doing your swimmers flail and so does the wife.
Bill

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The peddle you guys detest is the "cats meow" in my opinion!

After putting hours on a machine with the hyd single tilting peddle, get on a machine with a clutch and do some work that require gear changes and direction changes. Then your appreciation is in balance.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Been using a rocker pedal since the Ford 1210 replaced an old gear Cub in '91. The Ford still lives here, but isn't the main tractor. It's just such a nice and capable little tractor. In '02 we got a B7500, then an L3200, and a few years back the L4240. Before I retired I occasionally used the company Montana (2840?) with side-by-side pedals and disliked it. Following retirement I was asked to come in for a couple days to fix a couple driveways and spread asphalt millings. I sure missed the Kubota.

Not sure how owners who complain about the rocker / treadle pedal use them, but for me they work fine. I do recall trying out a BX-something while shopping for the first Kubota and having an immediate dislike for the pedal. Maybe I was trying to keep my whole foot on it and rock it?

The position of my foot is such that to drive forward I use the front of my foot on the top of the pedal. To reverse i slide my foot back a bit and use my toes*. Anyone who tries to keep their whole foot on the pedal won't like it unless they're severely duck-footed.

*Correction above.

The comments about muscle memory reminded me of something I did a couple years ago. I was sot of daydreaming about a Z28 that I had back in the '70's while driving home from an errand. Approaching a spot where I had to slow for a right turn, I let off the skinny pedal while the left foot landed on the floor while searching for the clutch pedal and my right hand couldn't find the shifter. With the exception of a borrowed truck I haven't driven a stick shift since around 1980 :)

Last edited:

Donystoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Have had the single pedal Kubota system since 1985 and have few issues with it other than my leg cramping up after doing loader work for extended periods. Do not have this issue with my two pedal JD mower and have cut grass for hours with it. With this in mind I did wish that my new LX had the two pedal system but still found that the Kubota outweighed the JD for my needs.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Been using a rocker pedal since the Ford 1210 replaced an old gear Cub in '91. The Ford still lives here, but isn't the main tractor. It's just such a nice and capable little tractor. In '02 we got a B7500, then an L3200, and a few years back the L4240. Before I retired I occasionally used the company Montana (2840?) with side-by-side pedals and disliked it. Following retirement I was asked to come in for a couple days to fix a couple driveways and spread asphalt millings. I sure missed the Kubota.

Not sure how owners who complain about the rocker / treadle pedal use them, but for me they work fine. I do recall trying out a BX-something while shopping for the first Kubota and having an immediate dislike for the pedal. Maybe I was trying to keep my whole foot on it and rock it?

The position of my foot is such that to drive forward I use the front of my foot on the top of the pedal. To reverse i slide my foot back a bit and use my heel. Anyone who tries to keep their whole foot on the pedal won't like it unless they're severely duck-footed.

The comments about muscle memory reminded me of something I did a couple years ago. I was sot of daydreaming about a Z28 that I had back in the '70's while driving home from an errand. Approaching a spot where I had to slow for a right turn, I let off the skinny pedal while the left foot landed on the floor while searching for the clutch pedal and my right hand couldn't find the shifter. With the exception of a borrowed truck I haven't driven a stick shift since around 1980 :)
Even at 82 years old, my '87 Jeep Wrangler 5 spd. is WAY more fun to drive than a slush box Jeep.

Kutch

Equipment
BX2200, BX537A, BX2763A
Dec 21, 2022
NY
@doug49

I’m putting this idea on my “to do list” over the Summer. I’m new to Kubota myself and the one thing that is not particularly intuitive to me anyways…is that pedal operation. I’ve got an older Simplicity that has two pedals, going to see if something can be learned and incorporated without too much tear down. TBD.

Thought I may have been alone in that opinion.

-Kutch

Reactions: 1 user