Tire sealant

FiremanDan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060 ROPS, Wicked grapple, LP RCF2772 cutter, LP BB3572 box blade
Dec 8, 2013
AR
Does anyone have any experience with Kubotas tire sealant?

Good?
Bad?

It's just tire sealant?

Thanks!!

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
I have used the green slim tire sealant in my front tires for a while now. Works great. I was always getting small leaks or punctures in my front tires while bush hogging. Now I have the time to return back home and plug the hole without having to do it in the middle of a field.

I bought the gallon of green slim at Walmart for $24. I put 16 oz. in each front tire.

FiremanDan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2013
AR
Thanks for the info!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yup on the slime, also some years ago there was a product on the market I dont remember the name but it was designed for off road bikes, they showed running through big old thorns and the juice leaked out and formed a solid plug. The thing was you could use this stuff for road tires as well, something about it rolling around in the tire and not clumping up in one spot to unbalance the wheel

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Our regional tire distributor definitely does not like any of that stuff.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
More then likely, the tire shops hate slime and fix a flat due to the mess it makes when swapping tires. Took one of the kids cars in to get new tires put on it. Kid had used a couple cans of fix a flat on one of the rims. When they used the machine to break the bead, the fix a flat went all over :eek: The tech was pretty mad over the mess on his machine :rolleyes:

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Slime will rust out your rims, plug a flat.
Overview

Slime Tube sealant prevents and repairs flat tires caused by puncturing objects up to 1/8***8243; (3mm) in diameter. Slime works repeatedly to repair new and existing punctures and is guaranteed to perform for up to 2 years!
Seals multiple punctures repeatedly.
Non-toxic.
Non-corrosive.
Non-flammable.
Non-aerosol.
Water soluble.
green.jpg

FiremanDan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2013
AR
I have been doing a little research on this type of sealant. Not too much though. My dealer offered to include it with purchase of the tractor, he said it works great. Thanks for all the replies!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I use slime all the time and never had a problem with it. I know at the quarry when we got tires each one got a 5 gallon bucket of sealant dumped in. Every time the tires were changed the rims looked fine. Only issue we ever had is sometimes the valve stems would get plugged up.

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD
The reason most tire guys hate the fix-flat stuff in the aerosol can is that the propellant used to be flammable. Pop the bead while you have a stogie in your mouth, and KABOOM. Not sure if they still use that propellant or if they changed it, but there are still probably some old cans rolling around out there. In any case, you need to tell the tire guy if you have slime or any other tire sealant so he knows what he's getting into. I've always thought the can should come with a sticker to put on the wheel as a reminder, and a warning.