Thanks everyone. Bought an L4060 today.

tweak-mn

Equipment
Shopping for an L Series
Jun 4, 2024
MN
Much appreciation for the help on this forum. I have been researching and watching listing for the past 6 weeks and found a match today.

I ended up with a 4060 HTSC Limited Edition with 5 hours on it! I have been checking Facebook daily and it showed up this morning 50 miles from my house. I contacted the owner right away, saw it this afternoon, and snapped it up for $40K. Private party. No sales tax. Newer and more money than I had planned on, but I felt it was too good to pass up.

It may be a Limited. But this owner optioned almost all of the missing things back on. Only change I will be making is selling the light material bucket and getting a regular bucket and some forks.

Many operating questions will be coming at this forum soon. Anxious to learn enough to answer some myself in the coming months.

1719615813115.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

tweak-mn

Equipment
Shopping for an L Series
Jun 4, 2024
MN
Nice tractor! What year is it and why is there only 5 hours on it? Who does that?
Built in 2023.

Apparently bought for snow removal, but after getting almost none last winter, he no longer wants it.

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Nice ride, and nice find man!(y)(y)

Sometimes I wish I had those style tires on my 2501.

Kind of a "damned if you do, and damned if you don't" thing...

tweak-mn

Equipment
Shopping for an L Series
Jun 4, 2024
MN
Nice ride, and nice find man!(y)(y)

Sometimes I wish I had those style tires on my 2501.

Kind of a "damned if you do, and damned if you don't" thing...

Thanks!!

Yeah I was searching for one with turf or industrial tires. Not sure which will be best. The dealer the owner bought it from is open to a swap/trade on these. So I will start with these and see how it does. Mostly maintaining trails in prairie areas with a rotary cutter. Some woods work too. I’m thinking they may be just fine.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I have turfs on my small Massey (bx size) and they have been excellent blowing snow and mowing grass. It has never seen mud, but I don't think they would do well in mud. Tractor looks excellent. If it has the two speed lever on the steering column, you will love it, one of the best features of the grand L series.

tweak-mn

Equipment
Shopping for an L Series
Jun 4, 2024
MN
I have turfs on my small Massey (bx size) and they have been excellent blowing snow and mowing grass. It has never seen mud, but I don't think they would do well in mud. Tractor looks excellent. If it has the two speed lever on the steering column, you will love it, one of the best features of the grand L series.
it does have the two speed on the steering column. One of the reasons I went orange over green!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Thanks! I am more than just a little excited!!
In case you have not realized it yet the Grand L model tractors is the most loaded, fanciest tractor Kubota makes. Many features other models don't have, can't get. Might want to get a brochure for your machine to show all the features.

tweak-mn

Equipment
Shopping for an L Series
Jun 4, 2024
MN
In case you have not realized it yet the Grand L model tractors is the most loaded, fanciest tractor Kubota makes. Many features other models don't have, can't get. Might want to get a brochure for your machine to show all the features.
Thanks. I have studied up on the features. More when I take delivery. The features helped me pick this model. Gonna be great!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Thanks!!

Yeah I was searching for one with turf or industrial tires. Not sure which will be best. The dealer the owner bought it from is open to a swap/trade on these. So I will start with these and see how it does. Mostly maintaining trails in prairie areas with a rotary cutter. Some woods work too. I’m thinking they may be just fine.
While you still have the option to change tires/wheels you might want to consider this. You mentioned woods work. It’s my impression that turfs have softer sidewalls than R4 tires and more prone to puncture.

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Nice looking machine, congratulations!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Much appreciation for the help on this forum. I have been researching and watching listing for the past 6 weeks and found a match today.

I ended up with a 4060 HTSC Limited Edition with 5 hours on it! I have been checking Facebook daily and it showed up this morning 50 miles from my house. I contacted the owner right away, saw it this afternoon, and snapped it up for $40K. Private party. No sales tax. Newer and more money than I had planned on, but I felt it was too good to pass up.

It may be a Limited. But this owner optioned almost all of the missing things back on. Only change I will be making is selling the light material bucket and getting a regular bucket and some forks.

Many operating questions will be coming at this forum soon. Anxious to learn enough to answer some myself in the coming months.

View attachment 131685
Nice job. 👍. Looks great.

That bucket is huge…how big is that? If buying another bucket, Seems like if you were creative you could use that for rear ballast or even a carry all of sorts if you add an 3pt:SSQA adapter for your 3pt. Be nice to keep and add some manure tines as well if wanted to haul debris.

Congratulations on the new machine 🥃