T1670 belt replacement or what?

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Mower does fine, even in very tall grass if the deck isn't set low (2") But in three inch grass the blades act like they aren't turning when the deck is set to 2". The motor never bogs down, no smoke or noise that I can hear from any belt.

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
If the belt is slipping at all it will get hot quickly. Try mowing with it for awhile and check the belt temp a few times. If its getting hot, check the belt for tension and also ensure that the blades spin freely in case you have a spindle bearing starting to fail. I'm not familiar with your particular mower but the belt will be tensioned either manually and needs to be tightened or it will be a spring loaded tensioner that might be at its limit due to belt stretch. If that's the case, you will need to replace the belt

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
If the belt is slipping at all it will get hot quickly. Try mowing with it for awhile and check the belt temp a few times. If its getting hot, check the belt for tension and also ensure that the blades spin freely in case you have a spindle bearing starting to fail. I'm not familiar with your particular mower but the belt will be tensioned either manually and needs to be tightened or it will be a spring loaded tensioner that might be at its limit due to belt stretch. If that's the case, you will need to replace the belt
Okay will do..Thank You

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Bought a mower lift and raised the Kubota up. Wow cleaned the deck, the grass was really packed in like concrete. Been mowing with it since and had no issues with stalling or blades stopping. Good little mower..wife takes it every time over the Badboy