Supercharged vs turbocharged

Webn237

Dec 26, 2016
Southrn WI (Monroe)
Hey guys I have a Kubota D600 that I am installing into a project. It could use a little bit more pep. Has anyone used a smog pump on a engine before as a supercharger? Or is turbocharged the better way to go? It would be the AMR300 smog vs the RHB-31 Turbocharger.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I personally would do both!
That would kick it, the problem your going to have is getting enough fuel to it!

But if you wanna do just the supercharger I would go with the AMR500, as it's a better match for the cc of the engine.

Webn237

Dec 26, 2016
Southrn WI (Monroe)
I personally would do both!

That would kick it, the problem your going to have is getting enough fuel to it!

But if you wanna do just the supercharger I would go with the AMR500, as it's a better match for the cc of the engine.
Im thinking both would blow the motor to pieces lol. I like the idea of the supercharger and the instant power. But the turbo sounds so much better lol

greenacresnorth

Equipment
L2501,BH77
Feb 18, 2018
Morganton,NC
the turbo will be more efficient, blower will soak more power then it would make, the turbo with good clean piping will not rob any power, only give. also the turbo will have adjustable boost pressure to keep power in check. I have run a D600 on a grasshopper mower at 3psi with a charge air cooler for about a 1000 hours with no issue. stock fuel system made enough power to spin a 72" deck in very thick horse pastures and keep EGT's in the 1250-1300 range all day long.

Reactions: 1 user

Webn237

Dec 26, 2016
Southrn WI (Monroe)
the turbo will be more efficient, blower will soak more power then it would make, the turbo with good clean piping will not rob any power, only give. also the turbo will have adjustable boost pressure to keep power in check. I have run a D600 on a grasshopper mower at 3psi with a charge air cooler for about a 1000 hours with no issue. stock fuel system made enough power to spin a 72" deck in very thick horse pastures and keep EGT's in the 1250-1300 range all day long.
Thats what one of my D600s is out of is a grasshopper 718D. Then the newest one I got is out of a Jacobsen reel mower. This is the one going into the new golf cart.

Datson280z

Equipment
Kubota l1501
Jan 27, 2024
Qld australia
Hi I'd love to know more about this setup please? Thanks mate