Stream line!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I think maybe we can stream line and thin down some of the topic boards. 9 topics to post to and read from is a bit much to keep up with. I like how we originally had "tractor implement and operation" as one thread. I think maybe you could move Tires and Wheels to the Buying Advise thread. Just something to ponder...

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey Eric - thank you throwing out some feedback. I agree that we have grown from our humble 3 categories to the 9 we have now in short order. Most of the reasoning behind why we have more categories now is to help visitors find information easier.

For example, we had a lot of great fabrication posts that were ending up in the servicing or operating forums and they would get "lost" in there. Instead, if we divide posts into a bit finer granularity according to a category they get more attention and are more likely to get responses.

I think the categories we have now should suffice for a while. If we start to get a lot of a new type of post ending up in one spot (ie. 500 or 1000 new member introductions) then we might consider making a new category just for those. It is a balance - we do not want to spread things to thin but we also want to make the site easy to navigate and friendly for visitors.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah I'll be honest I was gone away from the site for a while and recently came back. AND I'M LOST! It's a little bit harder to nagavate around and figure out where all the things are!

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Don't worry I got used to it after about 3 days, and I am real slow at this computer stuff.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I like it the way it is now. just right!

kytim