Site locking up again

fishkiller73

Equipment
L4600,LA764 Loader,LP RCR1860, LP BB1572,LP LR3584,wallenstein FX90,LP rbt 3584
Oct 25, 2013
sanford michigan
I am experiencing same problem. I have been clicking on the "back" arrow at the top left of my screen, whenever the Syngenta ad appears. That takes me to the page I wanted. Hope it works for you, too!
This is the first time i have even been able to read a post in over a week.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Ok an update here:

1) made some changes on the backend and we're in a much better place than say a week ago where CPU load was averaging >1.0 (anytime this happens slowdown for you the visitor will be experienced)
2) reached out to our ad partner to have the Syngenta ad blocked from the site - although I have not seen this one myself, lots of folks have and I can imagine that would be very irritating

So it's a combination of factors - server-side and misconfigured ads which slowdown or block your browser. On the server-side of things, we actually moved to a new one not long ago, and then more recently over to SSD drives. The site, even after 7 years, continues to grow at 50%+ per year so we are now quickly outgrowing hardware.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Been running flawlessly for me...

texas42

Premium Member

Equipment
B2601
Nov 27, 2023
Aubrey, TX
Today I ran a little test and found as follows;
Memory used by various webpages at idle
Yahoo 400 mb
Weather Channel 960 mb
Fox News 660 mb
Tractor by Net 770 mb

Orange Tractor Talks 1.4 gb

This test was run on my desk computer running Google Chrome. OTT double the other web pages.

So my conclusion is, the ads in OTT is running up the memory usage to the point it overwhelms my little notebook laptop.