Red-Tailed Hawk's Nest

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Local Bald Eagles fishing the lake by the house. Amazing sight. It is the off season so you can site quite on the eastern shore and just wait for them.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
The other day, a coopers hawk flew into the pole barn rafters and couldn't figure out how to exit. It was a handsome bird, looked like a big parakeet. The cats were intent on having him for lunch and were in the rafters stalking him. I tried to shoo him out, but he couldn't figure out the exit. At night, I locked the door up and wished him the best of luck. The next morning, he was still evading the cats. When I opened the doors, he finally flew out.
I've had numerous birds fly into my pole barn, and despite my best efforts to shoo them out, they somehow can't grasp the concept that they can fly out the same way they flew in, they just keep trying to fly up into the rafters. I have found many dried up carcasses up in the mezzanine and in corners on the floor. Apparently, they are programmed that the only way out is up.

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
When I get birds in the shop I turn off all the lights, close the window blinds and leave 1 door open to the light. They always find it.

Reactions: 1 user