Rear tiedown point for L2501 BH77

CountryBoyCanSurvive

New member

Equipment
L2501/BH77
Jan 25, 2024
7
0
1
Phoenix
I’m having a hard time finding a good/convenient place to tiedown the rear of a L2501 with the BH77 backhoe. I have the 5Eleven tiedowns on the front and love them, but I’m struggling to find something suitable for the rear. Any suggestions out there?
 

Runs With Scissors

Well-known member

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
4,106
5,551
113
Michigan
Interesting.

My 77 has 2 tie down points welded underneath the “foot area”.

It came like that from the factory.

Maybe you could add something similar?

20231202_092217.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
3,953
7,017
113
Wind Gap, PA
I use a clevis in the drawbar anytime I haul the tractor. It works even with the backhoe attached.

Clevis.JPG

New tow rig 2.JPG
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3 users

McMXi

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
8,356
11,757
113
Montana
I use a clevis in the drawbar anytime I haul the tractor. It works even with the backhoe attached.

View attachment 170879

View attachment 170881
I do something very similar when I made up a custom drawbar for the M6060. I added a piece of flatbar to act as a stop for a large D-ring that I use as an anchor point for chains. I wanted the get the D-ring as close to the tractor as possible to eliminate bending of the drawbar.

02.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

CountryBoyCanSurvive

New member

Equipment
L2501/BH77
Jan 25, 2024
7
0
1
Phoenix
Thanks for the responses. “Runs with scissors”: that is what I need!!! I’m currently running a twisted clevis in the drawbar holes, however, it requires you to crawl up underneath and slide the chain through. I guess I’m just lazy, but there has to be a better way.