Raising mower ?

Piney

Equipment
M4800 SU, Hog, blades
Oct 16, 2011
Houston, TX
Mowing for my Uncle with his M4800 and a Bush Hog deck.

How does one get the deck to raise higher ? With the lever all the way in its up position, the rear wheel is still on the ground. It barely moves the front to be 6 inches off the ground.

Does moving the arms to another position allow it to travel furthur ? They look like they should be in the correct popsition. Are there shorter arms ? or ??

My old Ford would raise it all the way up, with the rear 4 ft off the ground.

LoneStar

Feb 26, 2011
South Texas
For one thing it sounds like the top link is out of adjustment. The front of the mower deck should not rise more than 2 to 2-1/2 inches before the tail wheel starts to leave the ground. If the tail wheel is still on the ground after raising 6 inches the top link needs to be adjusted shorter.

Also, I had to move the cat 1 lift pins on my brush hog down to the lowests setting on the a-frame to gain a higher lift on the front of the deck. Some mowers have multiple holes in the a-frame and some do not.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Agreed; sounds like you need to shorten your top link. If you don't have the manual, go to Land Pride's website and read one of the manuals on adjustment as they are pretty much all the same with the front needing to be about an inch lower than the back. Height can be adjusted by using the adjustable tail wheel, then set your 3PH to match.