Quality parts source?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I agree with Messick's. They have good prices, fair shipping, and make problems right if there are issues. That being said, my local dealers are pretty great as well just a bit of a drive for small parts.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Support your local dealer. Mine stocks many parts, get's non stocked parts the next day, and has been around for 50+ years. There's a cost to providing SERVICE. We get the benefit of this service.

Will your flea-bay and amazon mystery vendor be there for you tomorrow?

If you want to save money buy a mahindra or LS and try to get timely parts for your boat anchors.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I agree with Messick's. They have good prices, fair shipping, and make problems right if there are issues. That being said, my local dealers are pretty great as well just a bit of a drive for small parts.
For parts weighing under 70 lbs. if you request it, Messick's will ship USPS,..... rather than their normal UPS.
USPS is always less expensive than UPS.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Support your local dealer. Mine stocks many parts, get's non stocked parts the next day, and has been around for 50+ years. There's a cost to providing SERVICE. We get the benefit of this service.

Will your flea-bay and amazon mystery vendor be there for you tomorrow?

If you want to save money buy a mahindra or LS and try to get timely parts for your boat anchors.
I try like Hell to support my local shops. If we don't, then who will be there for advice, help and "need it now" parts?
More than once, I have asked them to meet Messick prices, and they have. They seemed appreciative that I wanted to give them my money as a local dealer.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I try like Hell to support my local shops. If we don't, then who will be there for advice, help and "need it now" parts?
More than once, I have asked them to meet Messick prices, and they have. They seemed appreciative that I wanted to give them my money as a local dealer.
You are fortunate.
My local (70 miles) dealer would not order a BH bucket through their whole goods system.
No idea why.
I even offered full payment in advance.
Dealership owner later apologized.
Bought from more distant dealer who had the bucket in stock.

Reactions: 1 users

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Those are dealerships!
And they also sell parts on line. The OP asked where to get parts beside "the dealership." I assumed he meant his dealership. If that's the case, then I would recommend ebay or Amazon. What is it that you recommended? Oh, wait. You didn't recommend anything.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
And they also sell parts on line. The OP asked where to get parts beside "the dealership." I assumed he meant his dealership. If that's the case, then I would recommend ebay or Amazon. What is it that you recommended? Oh, wait. You didn't recommend anything.
You are correct, I did not recommend anything. I simply responded to your #2 post. What you listed are dealerships. I did not assume he meant his dealership. A dealership will have the same prices (within a few cent's in most cases) not matter their location.

If he chooses to not get items from a dealership his choices are Ebay or Amazon, and then some times products are not as they are represented.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
'parts' is ,well, a generic term....
some 'parts' are SPECIFIC to a tractor,so MUST use a Kubota part
other 'parts' say air filters, engine oil, fuses can be bought from several sources.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Your local dealer should be able to get you a part quickly but will charge you the shipping fee. If you can wait for the parts they are able to get it in their normal weekly shipment with no charge for shipping.

Sometimes you have to ask or tell them to wait for the free shipping.

You can also ask what day you have to order by to get it that week or the next week.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The mass majority of Kubota OEM parts can only be gotten from a dealership, local or internet.
There is not a lot of aftermarket parts for these tractors.