Puncture proof tires?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I use Berryman Products tire sealer on my lawn mower, UTV, yard trailers, and bicycles. It works really well. I've read that the original slime rusts rims, but Berryman doesn't. I went with R4 tires on my L2501 to have the strongest possible tires. Note: I put the Berryman tire sealer in before the tires leak.

I recently put some Tireject into my brother's SUV tires that were leaking at the beads due to chrome plating coming apart. It's a short term fix for him, and that's what he bought. They haven't leaked since.

However, if it hasn't been mowed in a while, you might want to walk it all or at least the edges and look for random materials if it hasn't been mowed in a while.

Reactions: 1 user

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
The company I worked for had a Montana with R4's that were foam filled. They had the tires filled just before I took over the shops. I recall there were two or three choices that provided different stiffness and probably weight. It had a very stiff ride but was abused by employees and run through metal, nails, broken concrete with reinforcing wire, etc and never had any meaningful (flats or chunks missing) tire damage.

Not sure of the filling process, but I think the vendor who did it made us wait to reinstall the tires for several days. They used what appeared to be bolts to plug the holes they made to fill them. The bolt heads remained and were often a conversation starter for newbies.