PTO Switching

newt1959

Equipment
Kubota M5-111
Aug 15, 2022
Cartersville, GA
Hey Guys (and girls I am sure ).
I am new to the forum. I make, install and service data collection devices used on a variety of tractors and other equipment. We offer data analysis to farmers.

I have installed a number of devices on JD and use the PTO switch as an input to my unit with no issues. I have been led to believe that Kubota uses sinking, or ground switching vs the JD source switching.

Can anyone confirm this for me before I start on a relay based project to invert this supposed low going signal to a high going signal my unit can use?

All help greatly appreciated.

>>>>Newt

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
Hey Guys (and girls I am sure ).
I am new to the forum. I make, install and service data collection devices used on a variety of tractors and other equipment. We offer data analysis to farmers.

I have installed a number of devices on JD and use the PTO switch as an input to my unit with no issues. I have been led to believe that Kubota uses sinking, or ground switching vs the JD source switching.

Can anyone confirm this for me before I start on a relay based project to invert this supposed low going signal to a high going signal my unit can use?

All help greatly appreciated.

>>>>Newt
1660856164243.png

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
On the L4060 12V is going to the switch. B34 is the computer. A6 is the computer go to the PTO Solenoid.

GBJeffOH

Equipment
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
You can get manuals here.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
As you can see from the other posts, it is not a " one size fits all" different models have different ways of doing it. Hope this helps.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Your 'black box' should be programmable for the PTO source/sink flavour......
having to add a relay to invert the signal is costly and not needed.

newt1959

Equipment
Kubota M5-111
Aug 15, 2022
Cartersville, GA
Much thanks to all. The newer M5-111 s seem to work great. It has a high to low as well as a low to high from the PTO switch.
The M108S I’m working on now is of an older generation. It has a simple switch connected to the PTO lever. 12 volts present when the lever is “OFF” and the 12 volts goes away when the lever is placed to “On”.

As suggested in one of the posts, we have the power supply set up to be selectable as to source or sink with an indicator LED to make sure it works.

The manual switch and low going signal are a challenge so far, but that will be the goal, to make it selectable as well.

thanks for all suggestions

Newt

Reactions: 1 user