Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
That looks like front room art to me!:cool:

Marty394

Equipment
L3010 w/ Cab, RCR 1560, RB 1584, SMC Loader, KK II 60" Gear Drive Tiller
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
Looks great!!! What kind of paint/ brand did you use? Looks like a nice shine, no runs, no drips, no errors!!!! How bad was it to begin with? My L3010 was, and still does see some road time in the winter for snow removal. My rear fenders and cab are getting rusty. Will probably have to replace the fenders, and repair the cab before a re-paint.

Bob

rowboat

Equipment
zb7000
Oct 25, 2010
Galiano Is. BC
When I bought the tractor about 5 years ago, a can of Kubota orange came with it. I think it had probably been kicking around for a year or two before that. My first coat flowed out perfectly & I thought all was well so went ahead and sprayed the finish coat. That didn't flow out very well & left a slightly nubbely finish (which you can't see in the pics!). I found sediment in the bottom of the paint cup after and kicked myself for not filtering the whole lot before starting. I guess it was because the paint was so old.
The hood was in pretty bad shape & rusted through in places so there is some glass & bondo there for sure! The rest of the tractor was just surface rust and very worn paint. For the blue I just took a piece of tractor to the local hardware store and mixed up a can of acrylic enamel. I'm not sure it's exactly right but it is pretty close.

Attachments

rowboat

Equipment
zb7000
Oct 25, 2010
Galiano Is. BC
All I did for the blue was to spray everything with engine degreaser and then power wash. There were a few areas that needed some additional sanding but not much.