overloaded backhoe, did i hurt it?

jimjoe

Equipment
b2601
Apr 21, 2015
brimfield
hello everyone: i just got my new b2601 thursday may 7, i was pulling some large stones out of the yard with the backhoe and picked one up with the thumb, i got about 2 feet off the ground with it and the hoe started dropping.too heavy. does this do any damage to the system? i dropped the rock and pushed it with the loader. thanks for any advice, yes i will post pix soon!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
hello everyone: i just got my new b2601 thursday may 7, i was pulling some large stones out of the yard with the backhoe and picked one up with the thumb, i got about 2 feet off the ground with it and the hoe started dropping.too heavy. does this do any damage to the system? i dropped the rock and pushed it with the loader. thanks for any advice, yes i will post pix soon!
Like Dave said - you learn a what is TOO much....nothing hurt other than the seat of your pants!:D:)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
A person would think if it would be too heavy, it just wouldnt lift. Will lift most closest to machine.if its behaving normally,lesson learned.

jimjoe

Equipment
b2601
Apr 21, 2015
brimfield
How do you like the B2601 so for? Considering getting one with backhoe or a B26TLB
love it so far only have 6 hrs on it,i got the quick attach for the loader and thumb for backhoe. plan on a snowblade also.i see the b26tlb is similar in size but hoe and loader have more capacity,it's also about 12000 more than i paid for mine. more reach on hoe is nice,can't go wrong with either one.