Oil Pressure Sending Unit (aftermarket)

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
This is from the Oil pressure Gauge install B7100 Stickie

So thinking this thing through - I placed the old sending unit on the T fitting, the T fitting on the adapter (all with teflon) and THEN inserted into the engine block

Am I missing something, if you needed an adapter to go from where the old sending unit was in the block, to the Tee,
what did you use to put the old sending unit into the Tee if it is 1/8" pipe x three?.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
nope, you are not missing anything Bill, and yes your adaptor is the correct one!

howEeever.......the two are different, but very close - and with teflon tape can be made to thread up and not leak one little drop! Yeah - I know the purest will frown:D, but the truth be told, the old sending unit will thread up and get snug on the T and not leak......do not wrap the first thread with tape.

I found that threading the old adaptor first on the "T", and getting it somewhat snug helped, and then when you start to tighten the "T" you can turn the adaptor and "T" until the pressure gets equal on them, getting the "T" to turn in the direction you want takes a little luck, then again getting it tight as a tick is not required either.

By all means - send pictures, we all love 'em!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Another way would be to obtain taps and dies and build your own adapter. I have made various manifolds for air lines and oil lines and its easier than you think. Just need to think outside the box sometimes.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Another way would be to obtain taps and dies and build your own adapter. I have made various manifolds for air lines and oil lines and its easier than you think. Just need to think outside the box sometimes.
I recently did just that for an adapter for an oil sending unit on an oil filter base. Threads were an 18mm fine thread down to a 10mm fine thread. Can't remember the thread. Ordered the correct bolt with threads all the way to the head. Then drilled and tapped. Ran it into the filter base, and installed my banjo fitting for the oil sending unit.

Nearest adapter was in Germany and was gonna be 2 to 3 weeks for my vendor to get it too me :rolleyes: Hardest part was drilling and tapping the bolt square with the top to get a good fit for the banjo fitting. :) It was a good thing that I had to order a pack of 5 bolts. The first 2 didn't work so well :eek:

Last edited:

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
I did see that Amazon version, but it does not have the British threads, I am a little leery about brass when you're extending something out like that. Back in the day on an old Nissan . Back in the day on an old Nissan pickup I had a similar setup and it cracked and broke due to the engine vibration.

Bill Rigsby
Florissant CO

1972(?) KUBOTA L-1500-DT
Great Bend M10 48" Front End Loader
Brush Hog 48" "Squealer Mower"
Atlas 48" Landscape Box
Rhino 60" Rear Blade
Draw Bar with 2" Ball
28" Fork Lift Forks
36" Sears Snow Blower (still to be mounted to the front PTO)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You are right about the threads, "I did see that Amazon version, but it does not have the British threads"

I DID use an adapter to thread it into the block!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
The pure redneck in me would simply tap the hole in the block, apply loctite and crank er in. But now that i lathe things i have become slightly more refined.

That stainless fitting is the ticket, but be careful with stainless, will gall with ferrous metals. A sealant or anti-sieze will prevent it.