Odd Error code on my MX5800

Durad

Equipment
BX, M5800, M5-111
Sep 9, 2020
North Carolina
My battery went dead a few weeks ago and I replaced it this week. My MX seems to operate just like it did prior to the battery dying. Only now, I'm getting the following two (presumably) error codes on my display "PO563" "96.5" . The second one follows the first as they flash on the hour meter. I found some links discussing an over-voltage situation to the ECM that might be related to the po563 but nothing on the 96.5. Could the dead battery have anything to do with the first code maybe, and it's just a residual flashing of the error code for some reason? And the second? Thanks for your help

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
P0563 = Battery voltage abnormality

Sounds like there is a stored code in the computer from when the battery went dead.

How many hours on your tractor? I would think the 96.5 is the hours.

Reactions: 1 user

Durad

Equipment
BX, M5800, M5-111
Sep 9, 2020
North Carolina
Thanks for that. I am thinking along the same lines that the po563 is a residual marker from the dead battery. I hadn't thought of the 96.5 as the cum hours on the tractor. That makes sense that it would be. I'll have to clear the code to get the display back to normal and check the hour log. I was able to find a method of clearing codes on this forum. Would you know anything about that process and if the below procedure is the way to go about it? Thanks again for your help.

"Mode "b" (Error Information Clear Mode)

1. While holding down both DPF INHIBIT switch and parked regeneration switch, turn the key switch "ON" position.
2. The mode selection display is indicated on the hour meter.
3. Press the parked regeneration switch and the mode indication on the hour meter is changed.
4. When "b" is indicated on the hour meter, press the parked regeneration switch for more than 2 seconds.
5. Error information Clear mode is selected and "PUSH" is displayed.
6. Press the parked regeneration switch for more than 2 seconds.
7. The "OFF" should be displayed.
8. Turn off the key switch.

The code will not display on the dash anymore but will be stored in the ECM. It can only be cleared from the ECM by a dealer using diagmaster. "

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
563 is an ecu voltage issue

likely from dead battery

clear it as stated above. It will still be stored in the ecu, no way to remove it unless you have the right software. won't hurt anything to leave it stored.

the panel displays the code then hours, then repeats over and over and over and over and over until you turn the key off or you clear the code from the panel as outlined above

Durad

Equipment
BX, M5800, M5-111
Sep 9, 2020
North Carolina
563 is an ecu voltage issue

likely from dead battery

clear it as stated above. It will still be stored in the ecu, no way to remove it unless you have the right software. won't hurt anything to leave it stored.

the panel displays the code then hours, then repeats over and over and over and over and over until you turn the key off or you clear the code from the panel as outlined above
Thanks very much for the help