O-ring replacement on backhoe

MZiggy

Zig
Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota tractor
Aug 10, 2023
Normandy Park, Wa
There must be a tool that aids in the removal of the ring that holds the o-ring/ gasket set on the boom shaft? I Mine has two holes opposite each other and after trying a punch to get the ring to spin off I am doing more damage to the ring than I would like. I’m also assuming it’s a standard thread, left to loosen?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
There must be a tool that aids in the removal of the ring that holds the o-ring/ gasket set on the boom shaft? I Mine has two holes opposite each other and after trying a punch to get the ring to spin off I am doing more damage to the ring than I would like. I’m also assuming it’s a standard thread, left to loosen?
Most cylinders I've worked on had the holes on the face of the gland and use a face spanner wrench. You need to get one with the correct size pins. Or use a pipe wrench carefully.

Other cylinders have holes or notches on the edge of the gland and use a different spanner.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
When it comes to removing a ring that holds an o-ring or gasket set on a boom shaft, there are a few tools that can be helpful: Drift Boss

1. Snap Ring Pliers: Snap ring pliers are designed specifically for removing snap rings or retaining rings. They have angled or bent tips that allow you to grip and compress the ring, making it easier to remove. There are different types of snap ring pliers available, including internal snap ring pliers and external snap ring pliers, depending on the type of ring you're working with.

2. Retaining Ring Removal Tool: This is a specialized tool designed to remove retaining rings. It typically has a hook or pronged end that engages with the ring, allowing you to apply leverage and remove it without damaging the ring or the surrounding components.

Before using any tool, it's essential to ensure you have the right size and type of tool that matches the retaining ring you're trying to remove. It's also a good practice to consult the manufacturer's documentation or seek guidance from aWhen it comes to removing a ring that holds an o-ring or gasket set on a boom shaft, there are a few tools that can be helpful:

1. Retaining Ring Pliers: Retaining ring pliers are designed specifically for removing retaining rings or snap rings. They have angled or bent tips that allow you to grip and compress the ring, making it easier to remove. Retaining ring pliers come in different sizes and types, including internal and external, so you'll need to choose the appropriate type for your specific ring.

2. Retaining Ring Removal Tool: This is a specialized tool designed specifically for removing retaining rings. It typically has a hook or pronged end that engages
When it comes to removing a ring that holds an o-ring or gasket set on a boom shaft, there are a few tools that can be helpful: Drift Boss

1. Snap Ring Pliers: Snap ring pliers are designed specifically for removing snap rings or retaining rings. They have angled or bent tips that allow you to grip and compress the ring, making it easier to remove. There are different types of snap ring pliers available, including internal snap ring pliers and external snap ring pliers, depending on the type of ring you're working with.

2. Retaining Ring Removal Tool: This is a specialized tool designed to remove retaining rings. It typically has a hook or pronged end that engages with the ring, allowing you to apply leverage and remove it without damaging the ring or the surrounding components.

Before using any tool, it's essential to ensure you have the right size and type of tool that matches the retaining ring you're trying to remove. It's also a good practice to consult the manufacturer's documentation or seek guidance from aWhen it comes to removing a ring that holds an o-ring or gasket set on a boom shaft, there are a few tools that can be helpful:

1. Retaining Ring Pliers: Retaining ring pliers are designed specifically for removing retaining rings or snap rings. They have angled or bent tips that allow you to grip and compress the ring, making it easier to remove. Retaining ring pliers come in different sizes and types, including internal and external, so you'll need to choose the appropriate type for your specific ring.

2. Retaining Ring Removal Tool: This is a specialized tool designed specifically for removing retaining rings. It typically has a hook or pronged end that engages
Spanner is what is needed!