No savings online (kubota parts)

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I was getting some prices on filters and oil from the online sources and discovered my local dealer was within $3.00 of one and cheaper than the rest.
Of course the shipping I guess made the difference.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Re: No savings online

Sounds like you have a very good dealer,, most dealers are way over the online prices even with shipping,, and I would rather keep my money home if you understand what I mean, but sometimes its hard to justify that

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Re: No savings online

Found the same thing at my dealer , Kent Power Equipment . Bought five gallon bucket of super udt2 for 108.00 . Best deal I found .

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Almost mistook this thread as spam and got set to delete it. Please use titles that have a bit more detail.

PS- edited title to include "(kubota parts)"

Last edited:

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Our closest dealer is a joke and seems to have a sentimental bond with all of their parts. They won't let them go for a penny less than MSRP.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Sorry about that, I didn't mean to break any rules.
not a "rule" just passing on advise to users. Good titles are also a HUGE help to folk searching thru old threads for info.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I get parts online for 50% cheaper on average than local, but then again local is an 3 hour roundtrip. ;)

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Our closest dealer is a joke and seems to have a sentimental bond with all of their parts. They won't let them go for a penny less than MSRP.
My closest dealer must be their cousin. I was looking for two parts recently, MSRP $94.86, they wanted $139.95:eek:

RDL

Jun 10, 2015
Lowell,AR
Local dealer here also msrp on parts and there tractors. Went else where and saved over $4,000 on my new tractor. Called the local dealer to see if they would price match and was told thats the best they could do. I don't mind spending my $ local but not just going to throw them 4 grand just because.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Are some "local" NOT private dealerships but corporate owned or similar? Like McDonalds etc. often the Corp. owned places are higher priced.

Another possibility could be they're may be several layers of "dealership" a business owner can buy into. If they pay MEGA bucks up front they buy equpiment at cheaper rate and sell at what ever they want.... if owner buys in with less money then they must buy equip. at a higher rate and have to sell at MSRP to make any kind of profit at all.

Just curious

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I think some of it is the location of the dealer. And whether there franchise is liscensed to handle construction equipment, or just lawn, garden, and tractors. The dealer in Little Rock who also handles kubotas construction equipment won't sell anything for less then 10% above msrp. Where as the local kubota dealer in town who only handles farm and lawn equipment routinely sells below msrp and has some of the best prices on kubota tractors in the state. Parts are also pretty comparable depending on what you get. So I tend to price both ways, and don't mind paying slightly more if the part is in stock. If I have to order it, then I do it online through Coleman's

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
What I priced was only filters and oil...I can't say one way or another on bigger item parts. I haven't ran into any problems.

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello All

I think you will find list price on genuine Kubota parts is the same all over .Dealers get discounts for stock orders pre session orders free freight so they can buy better then others.Most dealers in my area add 10% to any thing under a $100 . Over a $100 they sell for list price. I would love to know were you can by genuine Kubota parts on line for 50% off.

Lance

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm 35 minutes from Coleman's closest location, and if they don't have it I've learned to quit calling around, just wait. In two days it's in. They order parts frequently enough there is never a service charge, or a long wait.

Their prices are difficult to beat.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I own dozens of different things made by dozens of different companies. Very often, I will be quoted a part price that is high beyond belief. A a hydraulic lift part twice the size of a spark plug for $600.00 that looks like it should cost $150.00. A plastic cover for an airless sprayer for $90.00 that should have been $10.00. I go ballistic when one of my people orders something without asking the price. I never have that problem with Kubota. When my dealer (Steen Enterprises) gives me a price, It always sounds about right. Their parts man has come to be a buddy. He lives near one of my stores and always drops my parts off on the way to work in the morning. I get such good service, I never shop him. I would be afraid he might find out. Parts service is very important to me in that I have to finish repairs quickly and get the machines back on the rental line. Joe takes that to heart and does a great job for me.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Must be nice. Our local Kubota dealer is one guy/family that has managed to secure what amounts to a monopoly over the whole Phoenix area. Not sure if he bought the region from Kubota/Bobcat, or if he just bought up all the competitors, but either way, there are no competitors, and their pricing/attitude is exactly as you would expect. I loath spending a penny with them.