No hour meter on B6100E?

jeffreythree

Equipment
B6100E w/ finish mower & sprayer
Dec 9, 2010
dallas, tx
I am picking up a new to me B6100E tomorrow and when I looked at it today there was no hour meter on it. There is not even a spot where it was removed, black factory looking plugs fill any possible holes. Owner says it did not come with one, they are the second owner and first said he did not have one installed. Did Kubota really have this optional?

P.Holm

Equipment
L2250 4WD,FEL,60"belly mower,60" JD bush hog,60" JD box blade-Kubota T1400
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
Mine does not have one either. Neither does it have a temp guage or a tach!

Rust Addict

Equipment
B6000E
Jan 2, 2010
Sidney, Maine, USA
The B6000 has NO OIL FILTER or gages. Just a metal screen to keep any of the loose nuts that plunk into the oil pan from going back around and jaming up the old oil pump. If your lucky the idiot light goes out when you get it fired up.

...simplicity is bliss...

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
The B6000 has NO OIL FILTER or gages. Just a metal screen to keep any of the loose nuts that plunk into the oil pan from going back around and jaming up the old oil pump. If your lucky the idiot light goes out when you get it fired up.

...simplicity is bliss...
So let me get this right... a flickering oil warning light may be "normal operation" for these little buggers??? I bought one thats that way, former owner got panicky. cant be issue i think. i've run it too long at all speeds with NO noise or issues. is new sender needed?

Rust Addict

Equipment
B6000E
Jan 2, 2010
Sidney, Maine, USA
Seems that most people want to replace the factory low pressure switch and indicator warning light with an oil pressure gage. Seems like a common thing for the switch to fail after 10 or more years of service, depending. For me, the light always catches my attention when its on, if I had to watch a gage, not so sure I'd notice if the gage reading dropped when I was working away watching everything I suposed to be looking at. I'm with the OEM solution on this issue, and know that the replacement pressure switch is the most cost efficient fix and tells me everything I want to know. Let us know if it worse than you thought...

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Do the best with both. I have a tee fitting on a '73 car and plan on putting both on the 235 when I get the low oil pressure at idle fixed.