Newby bought an L2000...Help

cop4christ96

Equipment
Kubota L2000
Oct 24, 2009
Bryant, AL
Well what do you know. My first tractor turned out to be a grey market L2000. I need to know what the U.S. equivalent is for the L2000. Seems to be the L225?? I don't know anything about tractors or diesel engines. I know it's a three cylinder.... How many horses is it? When was it made??ect. Any idea what engine it has? I'm not even sure it is an L2000. The decals look new and apparently were a part of a fairly recent restoration. The tractor runs great! but i don't even know how to change the oil for pete's sake. At least i know how to check it! O.k i know how to change the oil but not muck else. Ineed a manual with diagrams and specs. The tractor came with a new set of shoes for the brakes but i don't feel comfortable pulling it apart without a diagram of somekind because noone seems to want to work on the thing. Great site. Very helpful so far. Thanks for any help you can give me. Mike

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Service dept.vic or ob1 kubota is your best chance. I am new member also. I am sure either one of these people can help you.

cop4christ96

Equipment
Kubota L2000
Oct 24, 2009
Bryant, AL
Thanks Handyman. I can use all the help I can get. love the tractor, just need to learn what I need to work on it. Chose it over a Ford 8N and i'm glad I did.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
If your oil filter, air filter etc has numbers on the you can go to napa or auto parts and most of the time napa can cross them over. Talk to vic or ob1 first but RCOTRACTOR.com say they have a manual for it but I am not recommending them because I have never purchased anything from them(this is the only reason). Also Ebay is a good place to search.I would talk to service dept vic first he and ob1kubota are both VERY good on these things.

cop4christ96

Equipment
Kubota L2000
Oct 24, 2009
Bryant, AL
Thanks Vic. I love the tractor and find myself looking for reason to use it. It appears to have been restored before i bought it Any idea what year it might be (ballpark figure)? The guy i bought it from did not know much about tractors either so he was not much help. The test ride was my first time even sitting on a tractor. He wasn't even sure how to start it. We figured it out though. (since he was relocating for his job i got the tractor, a 5 ft finish mower and rough cut mower for $2,500) Since then i think i have a "pretty good" handle on using it. What book or manual would you suggest for a newby with this tractor? i want to service everything on it. I also have brake shoes for it I need to install. The key switch does not work so i have to disconnect the battery after each use also. Other than that it seems to work great. I want a small set of discs or a 4 foot tiiller for next garden season though. I have a few more questions and need a few parts to have everything looking and functioning correctly. Love your site by the way.

Last edited:

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
I inherited my pop's 1976 Kubota L225DT. I believe they were made from 1974 to 1976 or 1977. I believe the horse power is around 24 hp with torque in the neighborhood of 72 lbs/ft. A word of caution; my dad exploded the front Differential twice over working it so be careful because Kubota stopped producing Diff parts a few years ago and trying to find used parts is next to impossible. I say next to impossible becuz after 8 years of searching i finally found a used diff in Nebraska for $950.00. Pricy but i just had to have the parts to make my tractor work properly. Other than that the tractor is bullet proof.

cop4christ96

Equipment
Kubota L2000
Oct 24, 2009
Bryant, AL
thanks for the info and the warning. i love it so far. just bought a 36" tiller for it. still trying to figure out how to use it properly.