NewbieBX2200

okiekubotie

Equipment
brush hog, landscape rake, box blade
Mar 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Newbie to the forum. Older fella who purchased a BX2200 in 2001. Have done the schedule maintaince. I have original operators manual and work shop manual. Couple of questions. Lately I noticed the stering problems other have encounter with this compact. Is there a way to isolate the problem to the steering controller or steering cylinder. No real troubleshooting in the WSW just how to take cylinder apart etc. and nothing on controller. Neither is cheap to replace but for safeties sake I would. Has there ever been a recall on this?
Second question relates to the speed control pedal. Mine does not return to neutral going forward or reverse. I still have forward and reverse but have to manually move the pedal with my foot. You can feel the neutral position when you move the pedal. Have taken off damper it's OK. Removed neutral spring and it connection move freely. Removed linkage from pedal and it also moveds freely. I'm lost on this one also. Is there a linkage in the transmission that could cause this.
This site, the moderators and users to me are the best. Could you give me any ideas. Thank you.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Newbie to the forum. Older fella who purchased a BX2200 in 2001. Have done the schedule maintaince. I have original operators manual and work shop manual. Couple of questions. Lately I noticed the stering problems other have encounter with this compact. Is there a way to isolate the problem to the steering controller or steering cylinder. No real troubleshooting in the WSW just how to take cylinder apart etc. and nothing on controller. Neither is cheap to replace but for safeties sake I would. Has there ever been a recall on this?
Second question relates to the speed control pedal. Mine does not return to neutral going forward or reverse. I still have forward and reverse but have to manually move the pedal with my foot. You can feel the neutral position when you move the pedal. Have taken off damper it's OK. Removed neutral spring and it connection move freely. Removed linkage from pedal and it also moveds freely. I'm lost on this one also. Is there a linkage in the transmission that could cause this.
This site, the moderators and users to me are the best. Could you give me any ideas. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum Okie!

You have some really good questions. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the BX. BUT there are others here that do. So hang in there and hopefully they will see your thread soon.

Scott

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi okie, That centering spring has to be fairly tight because it has to overcome the dampener.If your pedal is greased up and moving freely,remove the dampener and see if it returns the pedal to neutral. Now I don't know the bx series so check to make sure that there is not any other linkage that is hanging it up, like the cruise(speed control). Some machines I have worked on have a slide apparatus that can get gummed up with old grease and dirt. Good luck and keep us posted.:D Dusty

okiekubotie

Equipment
brush hog, landscape rake, box blade
Mar 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Pedal neutral postion fixed on BX2200. Pulled out the WSM today. With rear wheel on. Strained my milk trying to get bolts out. Took bolts from neutral adjust lever (marked bolt postion with impermiable ink pen), neural plate so everything was loss. There is a bushing sits on the trunion arm with the neutal adust leveler. With the bolts loose i could then move neural lever, bushing etc. Linkage off the trunion runs in a collar that seemed tight. Taped everything gently with my socket. Used Blaster PB on all the linkage, let it sit 30-40 mins. Whoopti fricken do the pedal goes to neutral from reverse or forward. Put more tension on the neurtal spring for forward and it's working fine. I was having doubts that it was a external problem because everything seemed free before the PB treatment. I have a feeling it was where the trunion arm fit into the collar. We'll see if it last.
Now i have to figure out the steering problem. Read somewhere that the O-rings in steering cylinder was all that needed to be replaced. Can't find sizes just the whole cylinder for $280+ Do the experts have any insite into this. Help would be appreciated.
Thanks

digg71

Equipment
B3200 w/ FEL, Box Scraper, Post Hole Auger, 4' Rotary Cutter, Snowblower
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
Hello and welcome to the site.

Glad to hear you got the pedal fixed. Good luck with steering issue, wish I could help. There are some amazingly knowledgeable folks on here. You will get it fixed!

Jim

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
okiekubotie, absolutely LOVE the name :D !!!

Welcome to the forum ;) ! I think you will like it hear. There are many who know what they are talking about, (uh, everyone but me), and a few who don't, but are learning, (uh, pretty much me)...

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Okiekubotie. I just googled bx2200 steering and came up with all kinds of people having the same problem. kubota has a bulletin on it or so they said. It seems the steering cylinder is the problem. Some where around $200.00. Hopefully Service dept Vic will see this and he can give you more info.:D Dusty

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
Kubota has a service bulletin out for a problem with the steering on the bx2200 tractors. It was for a problem with erratic steering. They have a revised steering cylinder, but I think you can also get parts to rebuild the cylinder which is considerably cheaper. Have fun taking out those metal clips!