newbie advise

pdx_tractor

Apr 16, 2011
portland, OR
I am soon to be a new tractor owner and have settled on kubota as the tractor i will be getting based on a combination of reputation and local dealer support. I have spent a lot of time (too much) culling through blogs, forum about the various configurations/option etc but still remain uncertain the 3 point hitch control on the b xx20 series tractors. Is there a big advantage to the postion control offered on the xx30 series versus the 1/4 valve control on the xx 30 series. Much of the work I plan to do is box blading and rotary cutting. Any input on this would be much appreciated

thanks

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
The 1/4 inching vlave on the 3 point hitch is a precision control function. It will allow you to precisely set the 3pth fo fine work such as tilling. This way you can set and forget the valve and you can be rest assurd the tiller will stay at that depth all day long until you go to change the valve.

For your needs as fas as grading and bushhogging you wont really need it.

pdx_tractor

Apr 16, 2011
portland, OR
Thanks for you input. I am not concered about getting the 3 pt implement to the place the implement at the correct height initially. The precision of the control seems more than adequate. Rather, from what I have gathers from other forums, that over time the implement doesn't maintain its position. Particularly rotary cutters and box blades (2 things I plan on doing quite a bit)

Thanks again for any input on this

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I use my L 3000 for both the jobs you are concerned about. It has a standard position control and I have never had any trouble with mine doing either. My driveway at home is about 250 yds from the house to the road. I don't know how far you are planning to make your runs but in that distance I don't have any trouble controlling the height. Once you get used to how the tractor handles and the control feels you should be able to feather it out and be just fine. Using my rotary cutter I just set the height and forget it. Makes no difference if I'm cutting for 1 hr or going all day. It will stay the same height as long as you want. I think you will be pleased with your tractor for what you are using it for with the standard controls. Be safe and have fun.