New weld table kit all done

stoutakubota

Equipment
B6200HSTD
Jul 11, 2016
Ontario Canada
So i am a total newbie to welding. Just got started teaching myself to weld with my new Lincoln 180 welder.

After burning through 2lb of 0.025" wire, i got down to welding my kit table i purchased from weld tables.

https://weldtables.com/products/cop...ng-table-top-kit-certiflat-by-tab-slot-u-weld

Here is the construction method

Its laser cut steel with torsion box design and tabs as you see inbpic above that fits in slots on table top.

Here it is all clamped up

Then welded

Here is the top welded slots and sanded

And here it is finished with legs and casters ....they supply a leg and caster kit as option, its really worth it.

Nice flat top, now for some fixture buts from stronghold.

This is a 2x4 size they have others.

I plan on making a plywood and mdf top to clip over table for other use when not welding. Will also look at making set of draws and put sheet steel across top of draws to protect them.

Great service good quality American ingenuity at its best. If u need a welding table check them out.

Spectre381

Equipment
Kubota B2650, LA534 FEL, SGC0660 Grapple, 42" forks, ballast box, ratchet rake
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Looks good! I am really wanting to learn to weld, too. I was actually at the local lowes today and happened to stop and look at the Lincoln 180 welder. Had a friend recommend it but I've also had people tell me to look into the Miller auto-set models too. Still looking... hopefully one day soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
The table looks so nice it's almost a shame to weld on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think you need to get a few more clamps,,lol,, It looks good and yeah its almost a shame to weld on it

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Thats an impressive welding bench. Always wanted something like that. Sure makes building square things easier to keep square. Mine is filed away where i cant use it. Vise is on a 2" square tube and a reciever welded under bench. I flip it and tuck it away underneath. Its very handy.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
You won't regret putting casters on your table. I have the Stronghand tables and there are times when I roll them out to the center of the shop to make it easier to fab something up. Enjoy your build!