New to me B6100 4wd with loader Not starting

A1cnc

Equipment
Kubota B6100 Case 350 dozer
Jun 8, 2024
NH
Hello, I recently bought this machine not running. The engine turns over fine. I have no idea how long it sat for.

I drained the fuel and put in fresh diesel. Someone before me removed the original fuel shut-off and filter assy. It does have an inline filter.

I bled the fuel to the injection pump and then began trying to bleed at the injectors. The 2nd and 3rd injectors bled out fine and deliver a decent spurt of fuel with the nuts cracked. The front injector however just keeps giving bubbles but does give a spurt of air every time.

When I first tried starting it after using the pre-heater I was getting a decent amount of black smoke and it sort of seemed like it was trying to fire but never would catch and go. Now that I have bled it multiple times there is much less smoke and it is white. Now it doesn't seem like it's even really trying to start.

I am not a complete newbie to diesels or injection pumps. I rebuilt the injection pump for my case 350 dozer and that runs great.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

TIA Eric

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Hello, I recently bought this machine not running. The engine turns over fine. I have no idea how long it sat for.

I drained the fuel and put in fresh diesel. Someone before me removed the original fuel shut-off and filter assy. It does have an inline filter.

I bled the fuel to the injection pump and then began trying to bleed at the injectors. The 2nd and 3rd injectors bled out fine and deliver a decent spurt of fuel with the nuts cracked. The front injector however just keeps giving bubbles but does give a spurt of air every time.

When I first tried starting it after using the pre-heater I was getting a decent amount of black smoke and it sort of seemed like it was trying to fire but never would catch and go. Now that I have bled it multiple times there is much less smoke and it is white. Now it doesn't seem like it's even really trying to start.

I am not a complete newbie to diesels or injection pumps. I rebuilt the injection pump for my case 350 dozer and that runs great.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

TIA Eric
you should try to get that number # 1 injector bled from all air. one thing i really hate about diesels, once you let them run dry ?..its a royal pain to get fuel back through the fuel system !. make sure to use the glow plugs once you have all the air out of the fuel system.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
also recharge the battery ! Glow plugs and spinning take a LOT of electrons so after an hour of attempts, recharge the battery.
be sure to preheat a good 30 seconds or whatever the manual says.
for sure get rid of the bubbles !! 'no bubbles - no troubles'......

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Putting the throttle to highest RPM location will speed up the process of bleeding the injector.

You may want to remove the problem injector line and see if it needs to be cleaned or replaced before bleeding it out. Hold the large hex on top of the injector pump before trying to loosen the injector line if you do this.

I also use the decompression knob for bleeding out air since the engine can spin faster and less load on starter means longer cranking times. If your tractor has one it might help.

There should be some sort of bleeding valve on the injection pump. If so you should bleed it there first. Hopefully you have the owner manual and can follow the instructions there since there are variations in procedure over time.

A1cnc

Equipment
Jun 8, 2024
NH
Well I kept at it.
I know on my case if it runs out of fuel it takes a couple batteries worth of cranking/ bleeding to get 'er going again.

I am happy to say it runs! Drives too. The brake pedals are stuck so I don't know what the brakes are like yet. I have to add hydraulic fluid to the loader to see what shape all that is in and the 3 point arms don't do anything right now.

I am tickled right now! I paid $1400 for it and it looks like I will have a working tractor soon.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Congratulations on getting it running!

Kubota provided some method to hold the brakes on. Usually there was something that held the two pedals together as one, and then a ratchet to set the pedal (closest to transmission case) down. Normally just pushing the pedals down HARD releases the ratchet.

You can see it right at the bottom of this picture as a round loop. You have to hold that up as you push down on the pedals to set the brakes

IMG_3302.jpeg

You c also spray penetrating oil like PB Blaster or Kroil on the points where the brake linkage goes into the tractor case on the inside of the rear wheels and every other movement points on the brake linkage. There may be some grease zerk point underneath the right foot floor board to lubricate the brake pedal or you might have to remove some parts holding the brake pedal under that area to lubricate them.

Last edited:

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Well I kept at it.
I know on my case if it runs out of fuel it takes a couple batteries worth of cranking/ bleeding to get 'er going again.

I am happy to say it runs! Drives too. The brake pedals are stuck so I don't know what the brakes are like yet. I have to add hydraulic fluid to the loader to see what shape all that is in and the 3 point arms don't do anything right now.

I am tickled right now! I paid $1400 for it and it looks like I will have a working tractor soon.
good deal !!. i'm currently swapping over a loader from a b1700 to my b2100. engine in the b1700 has blow by, i'll have to break out a few cold ones, and dig into the engine.

Attachments

A1cnc

Equipment
Jun 8, 2024
NH
well, after changing the trans fluid and the hydraulic oil in the loader both the loader and the 3 point work now.

I will have to replace the hoses on the loader but I expect that on a loader.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
well, after changing the trans fluid and the hydraulic oil in the loader both the loader and the 3 point work now.

I will have to replace the hoses on the loader but I expect that on a loader.
Sounds like a great buy - and lots of fun.

A1cnc

Equipment
Jun 8, 2024
NH

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Ty to all who responded.
I just ordered all the hose for the loader from surplus center.
For anyone who needs Hydraulic hoses, cylinders, or control valves try these guys for a MUCH cheaper price.

And Captain Obvious says to only replace one hose at a time to eliminate the possibility of incorrect connections.