New lights and fan on top.

Carson398

Equipment
L2501 with a LA525 loader, bushhog, finish mower, debris forks, quick hitch
Jun 19, 2023
Mechanicsville Va
I installed new light made by Nilight with one of their switch boxes. I also installed a fan, I ran it's power from the work light plug. I ran power for the lights though a relay directly from the battery and installed a new fuse block. Relay is turned on by the ignition. Next I am going to put hazard light in my canopy.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Instead of putting hazard lights into your canopy, why not install strobe lights on all four sides? If you want to be super safe and make your presence known, you can put strobe lights along the frame of your tractor. I would suggest both red and blue strobes, but your local law enforcement people might object, so stick with amber. If you ever use your tractor for burying things, then you can use purple, the color reserved for funeral directors. :):LOL:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Congratulations on your new cemetery. Now all you have to do is to start selling plots.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

LostTrail

Equipment
MX6000, LA1065
May 22, 2024
MT
I installed new light made by Nilight with one of their switch boxes. I also installed a fan, I ran it's power from the work light plug. I ran power for the lights though a relay directly from the battery and installed a new fuse block. Relay is turned on by the ignition. Next I am going to put hazard light in my canopy.
Thanks for these pics. Really helped me see what I can do with LED lighting for my new MX6000 with same canopy.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Instead of putting hazard lights into your canopy, why not install strobe lights on all four sides? If you want to be super safe and make your presence known, you can put strobe lights along the frame of your tractor. I would suggest both red and blue strobes, but your local law enforcement people might object, so stick with amber. If you ever use your tractor for burying things, then you can use purple, the color reserved for funeral directors. :):LOL:
Sounds a little like my approach. Picked up some of these small amber LED's at The Trailer Shoppe in Ephrata PA. They're surface mount with the wiring going out off the back side and make a clean installation. These have several different flash patterns. I have one each on the left, front and right sides and three on the rear. When I wired them I programmed the center one in the rear to make its pattern out of synch with the rest.

These are bright for their small size. When I drive the tractor to town on Winter nights to clear snow at the church, the side blinkers light up the houses as I pass them.

This pic is from a while back when the 4240 still had the front factory work lights.
IMG_5350.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user