New L3400

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Welcome to OTT, sit back, relax, kick your shoes off and stay a while. This is a great place to learn and laugh. Mostly laugh then learn. But we try to act serious when need be.

Thats a sharp looking tractor you have there boss. There was a heated debate on here about the new tractor styles and you have the one I like. I see that bush hog hanging off the back, it looks rather large for your tractor. Just be careful with that thing and dont let it get away from you.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
OOHHH and congrads on knowing how to post pictures!! WE LOVE to see photos on here of out tractors in action or if you need help repairing something thats always handy to have photos too.

Okie

Equipment
Kubota L3400HST-1F LA463FL
Apr 26, 2010
Luther, OK
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Yes, I worried about using a 6 foot hog on the tractor, I asked my uncle who has the 2800 model, and he said he thought the 3400 could do it. Of course the Kubota dealer also said it could do it. The tractor's main purpose in life for us is to mow almost 10 acres of pasture, so the extra foot will be put to use.

That excited tractor pilot is my wife, she can not drive a car yet, just moved here from Macau where no one drives! But, she can drive the tractor. Don't worry it was a short "test run" in low gear, she had to try it out. She normally mows the front yard with our small Troy-Built riding mower, she was impressed with the 3400's power.

I like this body style as well. I was almost ready to purchase a JD 3038E, but I kept coming back to the 3400, I am glad I got the Kubota and not the JD. The 3038 seems "cheaply" made to me.

This is my first tractor, and we have a lot to learn, so I will be around asking question to you experts from time time, thanks in advance for your consideration!

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the ORANGE tractor. Of course orange is better than green. :D :D :D :D :D