Need some info on front end loader build for B7100 HST

Rodnok

Equipment
B7100hst, MMM, Box Scraper, FEL make unknown, adapted and resurrected from junk
Dec 28, 2015
chattanooga, tn
I am in process of installing a front end loader on my B7100 HST 1995 model. I have fabricated a mount for a loader I found on a similar size tractor. Make unknown. I am trying to decide whether to use the hydrostatic system on the tractor or go with a front pto shaft hydraulic pump. I have read ND Wolfmans build and a couple others. Not completely sure but it seems Wolmans build used the power beyond on the 7100 but them changed to pto pump. The Loader I have seems heavier than the loader made for the B7100 and the couple fabbed ones posted in this forum were also heavier. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I have two B7100s at this time. Both have loaders. One uses the front crankshaft pto pump the other taps power from the engine mounted pump for the 3 point hitch. The front pump hydraulics wins hands down. It lifts about twice as fast as the other. If possible go with front crankshaft driven pump. If I remember correctly the engine driven pump is around 3 gpm and the front mounted pump is around 6 gpm.

Rodnok

Equipment
Dec 28, 2015
chattanooga, tn
I have two B7100s at this time. Both have loaders. One uses the front crankshaft pto pump the other taps power from the engine mounted pump for the 3 point hitch. The front pump hydraulics wins hands down. It lifts about twice as fast as the other. If possible go with front crankshaft driven pump. If I remember correctly the engine driven pump is around 3 gpm and the front mounted pump is around 6 gpm.

Ok, That confirms what I suspected. I also saw on here somewhere that I cannot find anymore a link to a pump to use on the front PTO and the linkage to connect it? Any help on that would be appreciated as well.

Rodnok

Equipment
Dec 28, 2015
chattanooga, tn
Well, I have completed the physical install of the loader on the b7100. I am now working on the hydraulic system. I have replaced every hose on the old loader. I have one issue to resolve right now. I am plumbing into the tractor Hydrostatic system. I purchased the bypass block and have that installed. The out line on the controller is going to be run back to the reservoir. From what I have learned there is a fitting that can be purchased that I can install and then run the line to that fitting to dump the fluid back into the reservoir. Does anyone have a picture of where the fitting gets installed and the part number for that fitting? Thank you in advance for any help.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I am plumbing into the tractor Hydrostatic system.
Let's hope not, The Hydrostatic system is just for the HST if equipped, and if you tied into that system you would kill the drive.
I think you mean you've tied into the hydraulic system.

I purchased the bypass block and have that installed. The out line on the controller is going to be run back to the reservoir. From what I have learned there is a fitting that can be purchased that I can install and then run the line to that fitting to dump the fluid back into the reservoir. Does anyone have a picture of where the fitting gets installed and the part number for that fitting? Thank you in advance for any help.
Does your loader valve have 2 outputs?
One is return and one is Power Beyond?

Last edited:

Rodnok

Equipment
Dec 28, 2015
chattanooga, tn
Let's hope not, The Hydrostatic system is just for the HST if equipped, and if you tied into that system you would kill the drive.
I think you mean you've tied into the hydraulic system.

Does your loader valve have 2 outputs?
One is return and one is Power Beyond?
Question 1, yes I meant the hydraulic system.

Question 2, it has 2 outlets one power beyond and one that is marked Out. I believe the out is return.

I have researched and found a kubota 70050-01615 part number that when installed allows the return line to be attached. I would really like to see a picture of where this part is to be installed.

CypherPhab

Jul 27, 2016
Houston, Tx.
Ok, That confirms what I suspected. I also saw on here somewhere that I cannot find anymore a link to a pump to use on the front PTO and the linkage to connect it? Any help on that would be appreciated as well.
I'm in the same boat as you... I'd also like some info on the pump that people are running on the pto.

As far as your other questions, I'm a little confused as to how you're running your hydraulics. Didn't you say you got a diverter block? If so you don't need the return line adapter, as both supply and return are run to the block. I believe the return line adapter is basically a T fitting that allows you to run the return line to the fill port on the reservoir while still having a fill cap.

CypherPhab

Jul 27, 2016
Houston, Tx.
Well, after a little more research I see that the diverter ports are for supply & pb, so the return still has to be run to the tank... I'll see if I can find an adapter fitting for it.

CypherPhab

Jul 27, 2016
Houston, Tx.
I shoulda looked into this further before posting a bunch of useless junk in here but I hope this makes up for it.

Here are the parts you need to replicate the kubota fitting as far as I can tell without actually having seen their fitting. In other words, these will achieve the same result as the $30+ kubota part (for only $10)

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Brands/Horizon-Industrial/JIC-8M-x-1-2-BSPPM-CONNECTOR-9-8800-8-8.axd
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...s/Plugs-Caps/JIC-Caps/JIC-8-CAP-9-304-C-8.axd
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...WIVEL-x-JIC-8M-UNION-RUN-TEE-9-6602-8-8-8.axd

And this is where it goes:

Rodnok

Equipment
Dec 28, 2015
chattanooga, tn
Here is an update. I found all the fittings I needed to hook up the hydraulics. Found the return fitting on a kubota parts diagram for the loader that is made for the b7100. Cost me $45 including shipping. Had it in 2 days. Got all lines run and tested it today. Up and down works and so does curl up and down. Tractor was parked on a slight grade and when I picked bucket up it started to tip to the downhill side. I Quickly set the bucket back down and started designing a ballast for the rear to counteract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk