Need Help ???

weekend farmer

Equipment
b7200
Oct 28, 2009
Rumsey,ky u.s.a.
ok, first off, i new here, so hi to everyone. I just bought a b7200 hst with 497 hours on it. It is a 1983 model. My first question is there any problems with these tractor that are common? #2 the tractor has turf tires, and i would like to switch to ag tires, what do i do here? #3, with having turf tires now, what would be the best size of box blade to get. I will use it on a very hilly driveway, and i currently don't have a blade. any help would be nice.

thanks,

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Welcome. While I can't address all of your questions, I can steer you to www.tractorsmart.com. Once there, just enter the site and click on the "Info" tab. You can find tire sizing recommendations there for 4WD tractors. Just follow the guides.

While there you can also get a parts manual download and maybe an operators manual download at no charge. Just click on the "Manuals" tab and enter your information and then wait 24 hours or so --------. The "Operatros Manual" should have a recommended box blade size in it.

I don't have an identical tractor so I can't share any routine problem information, but by and large, they're bullet proof little tractors.

P.S. Do a search here for "B7200" --- a number of threads here may provide some of the information that you need.

Last edited:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I had a B7200 untill a few months ago , Awesome little tractor, mine had been abused pretty bad and the hydrostat was weak. I am thinking if your tractor has had any kind of routine maintenance you should have no problems with the hydrostat. Make sure the screens are clean and the hydro fluid is clean and the hydro filter which is under the cover between your legs when you sit on the tractor.A lot of guys on here will recommend that you replace all fluids and filters if you have just bought the tractor. I recommend you do whatever you can on what budget you have. Remember you only have high and low range, don't beat the snot out of high on those hills. And don't lug the hydro, keep you revs up if you are working the tractor. The engine in mine was bullet proof, never used oil never failed to start unless it was my fault. Any questions you have that I can answer I will, but there are people on here that know these tractors inside and out. And I will defer to their expertise in most things . There is lots of help on here. One other thing that comes to mind is battery a good battery good connections. This is a diesel and as such it takes a fair bit of battery to start it.:D:D Dusty

weekend farmer

Equipment
b7200
Oct 28, 2009
Rumsey,ky u.s.a.
thanks for the info. I bought the tractor without a mmm. i would like to find a
60" deck for mine. what tractor sizes or part numbers should i look for. also, will the mounting brackets that hold the deck work off a different size tractor than mine. I don't have a manual on my tractor, so i'm in the dark here.

thanks in advance,

andrew

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi farmer. I did put a mmm on my b7200 but it was for that model. I had the tractor for sale and everyone wanted a mower, so I bought a mower $600.00. I put new blades on it and greased it up and it did a really nice job. Unless you are into fabricating , be carefull what you buy. Kubota quoted me $800.00 just for the mid pto shaft.:D dusty

weekend farmer

Equipment
b7200
Oct 28, 2009
Rumsey,ky u.s.a.
dusty, do you remember what model # the mower was on your b7200? I have a guy with a b7100 with a 60" mmm for sale. Would the mmm off his tractor work, along with his mounting hardware? as far is fab work, I own a auto repair shop and have mig,tig,stick and plasma cutter, so i think i should have what i need to make do .

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Farmer, no I don't remember what model it was. Just make sure you get all the brackets that go on the frame of the tractor. If you get those brackets then it is a lot easier to modify them or fabricate new ones. Take a pattern off your mid pto shaft or just measure the diameter and count the spines. Some of them are different. I think you should be able to make it work. Good Luck and keep us posted.:D dusty