Mobile App, or mobile native

brunswick000

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Feb 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
It would be awesome if OrangeTractorTalks had a mobile app for Android and Apple. It could also be done, at least for Android, by making it "Android Native". This would allow the site to be viewed in a compressed format by another, already existing App called "Tapatalk" which is a host app that allows viewing of any Android Native websites.

Just a thought for us users who are always on the go.

Oh FYI, TractorByNet has their own stand alone, Android App. Makes viewing their site MUCH easier than viewing this one on a mobile. Would love to see this site have the same.

tk1469

Nov 15, 2010
North Central Michigan
Being an owner of an Android phone - and an avid follower of OTT - I'd love to see an app developed - that resembles the TractorByNet one (which I already have on my phone.)

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Being an owner of an Android phone - and an avid follower of OTT - I'd love to see an app developed - that resembles the TractorByNet one (which I already have on my phone.)
Have you tried using Opera Mini as your Web browser set to "Mobile view" ?
I use it on my Nokia 5800 and its pretty good in reformatting the pages for the small screen!
Dave

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Tapatalk - yes, this is something I think we an do. I know a lot of you do browse OTT on your phones and having something that formats the forums better is important to you. It is on the list so stay tuned on this front.

brunswick000

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Feb 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Tapatalk - yes, this is something I think we an do. I know a lot of you do browse OTT on your phones and having something that formats the forums better is important to you. It is on the list so stay tuned on this front.
This makes me sooooo happy. While at work I often am "roaming" and I use my phone a lot to keep on the up and up. Making the site Android Native for use with Tapatalk would be the cats ass. I use that app a lot. Do your best, and thanks again :D

brunswick000

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Feb 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Have you tried using Opera Mini as your Web browser set to "Mobile view" ?
I use it on my Nokia 5800 and its pretty good in reformatting the pages for the small screen!
Dave
Opera mini is a great browser....not as good a Miren in my opinion but that is besides the point. Tapatalk displays forum websites in a more convenient, navigational format, that is more list oriented. It doesn't have to load any real web page data, so surfing the forum is much, much easier. Its not really about resizing the page to fit a smaller screen that is an issue. Ive got a dell streak which has a 5" HD screen and it is still better using tapatalk for forum browsing. If you don't have tapatalk then download it and start searching for forum sites that you frequent with Opera mini and you'll be surprised how many are supported.