Mini EX for Tractor Backhoe price?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Well I have heard it said a few times that you can buy a used mini EX for the same price as a backhoe attachment, and was skeptical that one could even get close unless it was a POS mini Ex.

I was thinking of buying a L2501 with a BH77 backhoe, as I was tired of dealing with my 3PH backhoe on my B2910, and worried a bit about possible damage that could be caused by a 3PH backhoe, although I have used mine a LOT over the years without incident. But I realized I do not NEED another tractor.

Started watching Craig's list. Decided to buy the third one I looked at. First one was a German made that I can never remember the name of. Was put off for several reasons on that one, including because it looked like getting parts would be VERY difficult.

Second one was a larger Kubota mini, a KX61. Decided it would make more sense to go smaller. I just wanted something to be about the same size as my current BL4690A backhoe, maybe a little bigger and more capable.

Ended up buying this KX42-2V for less than $2K over what a BH77 would have taken from my wallet.

So...did I prove it is possible to get a mini EX for the same price as a BH77? NO. Did I get close enough to feel like I did pretty good. YES!

Hours about 4000. Seems tight, starts right up from cold in 32 degree temps. This one is the model that has adjustable track width. Doubt I will ever use that but who knows. Same vintage as my tractors, probably made around 2002.

image2.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Just thought I would post this, as apparently there are fair deals out there if you look long enough, or get lucky. (One in the background was a little older, had lower hours, and was $1000 more asking price, so I was told. It was also sold)

Reactions: 1 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Congratulations on finding what you wanted and needed

Looks good

Irrigation Guy

Equipment
B2601
Dec 19, 2020
North East
Nice machine. I have a John Deere mini ex about that size and it is so handy. I have the JD for work and the Kubota with backhoe at my camp and the BH just doesn’t compare.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Sometimes I feel like I'm all thumbs! At least it has the hydraulics in place if I would want to add a thumb later...:)
That isn't your yard, it's too flat................ :rolleyes:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Gosh - - that looks like a pretty nice machine.

Hopefully it works well for you! (y)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Gosh - - that looks like a pretty nice machine.

Hopefully it works well for you! (y)
Me too. I think it will...but will not use it probably for four months, until winter is behind us. Might play a little though...:D

Just looked like a fair deal so I jumped on it.