McLaren Harley rake - 6 pin

ToddSVL65

Equipment
SVL65
Apr 25, 2024
Missouri
New to the game and just picked up a new attachment for my SVL. I don’t have the 14 pin adapter to begin with, but this attachment is a 6 pin deal. I have a picture I can upload later. Right now the drum will only spin in one direction and not doing me much good. Racking my brain trying to figure out what I need to get this working and why I’m the world there aren’t better standards around all these different attachments! Any help is greatly appreciated.

spoke with the dealer earlier and they’re saying I need a $900 harness and they might have found a 14>6 pin adapter that was another $300.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
Welcome to the wonderful world of skid loaders. Haven't been around Kubota's skid steers but back in 2011 when I bought my Bobcat S-850 skid steer new ran into same issues with trying to control my tree saw. Bobcat only has a can buss signal coming out of there pin adapter. I needed twelve volt at my pins to control my saw head. Back then I had to buy a fifteen hundred dollar convertor and harness to get a switch able twelve volt source out at the boom. I was not happy at the dealer as he knew what my saw needed. They finally split the cost with me and I had to install the kit. Know I have two plugs out on the boom. Check aftermaket companies you might find what you need cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user

ToddSVL65

Equipment
SVL65
Apr 25, 2024
Missouri
Welcome to the wonderful world of skid loaders. Haven't been around Kubota's skid steers but back in 2011 when I bought my Bobcat S-850 skid steer new ran into same issues with trying to control my tree saw. Bobcat only has a can buss signal coming out of there pin adapter. I needed twelve volt at my pins to control my saw head. Back then I had to buy a fifteen hundred dollar convertor and harness to get a switch able twelve volt source out at the boom. I was not happy at the dealer as he knew what my saw needed. They finally split the cost with me and I had to install the kit. Know I have two plugs out on the boom. Check aftermaket companies you might find what you need cheaper.
I spoke with the guys over at Genius and have the connectors on order… he mentioned being able to reverse the flow of the hydraulics with a switch/button? Trying to find something like this in the manual no luck. If I could at least get the drum spinning in the opposite direction I could run it forward which would be huge. Thanks