M9960

NWOK

Jan 31, 2019
Enid, OK
New to the forum; hoping to get some insight. Wife's grandfather has an M9960 and the hydraulic system won't work. Period. Everything appears to be connected and whatnot. Any common issues with this particular model that might get me started in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
New to the forum; hoping to get some insight. Wife's grandfather has an M9960 and the hydraulic system won't work. Period. Everything appears to be connected and whatnot. Any common issues with this particular model that might get me started in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Won't say a common issues, they are pretty trouble free.
Go here and download the WSM (aka Service manual), that will give you some trouble shooting direction.

https://www.kubota.cz/data/soubor/M8560_M9960_EN.pdf

If you need more check back in.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
NWOK
Welcome to OTT
Have the obvious maintenance tasks been performed such as checking hyd fluid level & changing hyd filters? Are any of the hyd control levers stuck in the engaged position. Test hyd's after moving 3 pt control lever forward about 2''s

NWOK

Jan 31, 2019
Enid, OK
North Idaho Wolfman & Tx Jim, appreciate the replies for sure.

This is a joint effort with myself and my father-in-law, so we'll see what we find based on suggestions here.

Hopefully this gets it, but we'll be back if need arises.

Thanks again, both!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
That's one of the few tractors we don't ever see in the shop.

I assume you mean that power steering, loader, 3ph, and travel do not work? They are all hydraulically controlled.

Look at the hydraulic fluid level and condition and type of fluid. It makes a difference. Then look at the suction pipes.

NWOK

Jan 31, 2019
Enid, OK
Lugbolt, thanks for the reply. We've determined it's beyond our abilities and going to head to the dealer/shop with it. I do appreciate the input!